1911 showoff

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Time and time again the 1911 is a beautiful gun and displayed by all gun manufactures.

Time to show those beauties off!!

wynnjammer

Established Member
Jan 30, 2016
88.jpg

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Gonna drop this here since it's 1911-related. Part of the fun of this pistol are the multiple accessories and configurations one can work with, and one of the simplest of those regards the grips.

I've traditionally preferred just good wooden double-diamond grips, such as those shown here on 1911 I owned a little while back. (Obviously, I'll make exceptions from time to time, as evidenced by the grips in my profile picture).

I also really like "fire blue" or "nitre blue" grips screws like these. I have another set on the way and plans toward a fresh set of grips for my Colt...pictures to follow once all is in. image.jpeg

Last edited:

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
A little 1911 AND gunleather time here - Springfield Armory.45 and a high-riding Milt Sparks Roadrunner OWB holster. The Roadrunner is no longer in the Sparks online catalog, but they’ll make them on-request. It’s become my favorite OWB 1911 holster.

1643289545381.jpeg

Bama55

Established Member
Oct 10, 2021
Woodstock, AL
Here is my favorite, Colt Combat Commander with combat custom work by Forrest Davis, Columbus, MS. IMO he was the best 1911 'smith of the time. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago. He never advertised, only by word of mouth. I witnessed one of his match guns outshoot a Pachmayr match gun. His cost about a quarter of what a Pachmayr did. He had built another CC for me, but on this one, I told him just a combat job. He liked me, so he did a match fit barrel bushing too.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 5

Bama55

Established Member
Oct 10, 2021
Woodstock, AL
There have been several guys that really wanted it. But, I never put a price on it. I learned not to do that on a Stevens 311-H, 20 GA., 3", that I cut the barrels to 18 1/4", installed a large silver front bead, small mid bead, refinished the wood and added a quick detach sling. A friend had been after me to sell it to him. One day at the range, he asked again. I said a ridiculous price on it, he pulled out the cash! I cleared a bunch, but lost my truck gun. LOL So, now on one that I want to keep I don't even put a price on it. I did replace it with a 12 GA. 311, but I loved that 20.

theothermikeg

Established Member
Jan 19, 2022
Birmingham
F099EF02-5F7D-4810-B82F-B7EEEE4C017D_1_201_a.jpeg
My Dan Wesson ECP. A bit unconventional looking but one hell of a carry piece. It'll definitely put holes where you want 'em. My biggest complaint (other than the flgr and bushingless barrel) is the brass bead front sight. It's invisible when backlit and picks up no ambient reflection in the dark. Maybe I'll get around to replacing it one day.