Loaded Long Gun while traveling

some old grunt

Mar 12, 2023
Tongakanaga
Here looking for a yes or no. And maybe a link if you feel generous.
I'm a nonresident traveling to Alabama. I intend to bring a shotgun and a carbine. I am having trouble finding the law there regarding traveling with long guns loaded.

Is it legal to transport long guns "loaded"?

Technically cruiser ready (empty chamber, loaded mag tube, or magazine inserted).

Where I'm from, it is legal.

I have a concealed carry license in my home state.

Thanks in advance.

DuaneW

Established Member
Jun 1, 2021
Talladega County
I'm a nonresident traveling to Alabama. I intend to bring a shotgun and a carbine. I am having trouble finding the law there regarding traveling with long guns loaded.

Technically cruiser ready (empty chamber, loaded mag tube, or magazine inserted).

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance.
You can’t cross state lines with them if you are going to sell or trade them.

DuaneW

Established Member
Jun 1, 2021
Talladega County
You can’t cross state lines with any firearm to sell or trade them, that’s a federal law but it is not illegal to cross into other states with long guns. People travel to other states to hunt but there might be a law in some states or cities about having a long gun loaded and out of a locked case or compartment.

Goosebuster

Established Member
Apr 22, 2023
Piedmont

Thanks in advance.
what state is your CCL in? or just do a quick google check to see if your home state has a reciprocal agreement with Alabama.