Local gun clubs, prepping, survival groups?

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Yes it's a Great Facility with alot of Great Fellowship with Like Minded Enthusiasts....Did you opt to get a Discounted Garand through the Program?

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
It’s definitely a lot crisper then the standards. It has a cleaner break. And thanks. Since they shut down the south store and now the north store the pro shop is the best way to buy one now

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Guys, no one has said this thread was hijacked.

@sleepy4sureishere I didn’t even know this thread was going until you sent me a link. Your link was fine it’s a good topic to have on its own but not in the middle of this topic.

I see what everyone is saying but I feel as he is using that word militia broadly. Most militia aren’t even around anymore and if they are they are not what they use to be which in this instance I took it for @Zero looking for groups of people in the like minded status that want to meet up over at the range or similar and just be a group of friends. We all look for that niche we fit into and he is looking for it.

I understand that religion is a big thing. I am Christian, most people I associate with are Christian. With that being said, not everyone wants to talk being a man of god at every chance.
As always if there are any issues my door is always open to talk but I think we are good at the moment. Zero is just looking for friends that’s local that he can shoot the bull with.
It takes at least two to engage in conversation. Last I checked conversation was Voluntary. Therefore if a topic arises in any conversation that one does not want to discuss ie: "being a Man of God" or whatever...Then last I checked all one has to do is move on or keep silent....Right? Do we have to watch "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" because it's whats on the TV when we turn it on...LoL!!! Of course NOT!!! I'm going to bet that channel gets changed quick, fast, and in a hurry just like it would at my house...Now maybe one needs to check his Man Card if he has a problem with anybody at anytime expressing being a Man of God...Why? What does the Almighty Final Authority Say to All....A Real Man is a Man of God and NOT Ashamed to Proclaim it!!! Therefore if a man be offended by that then He should be Man enough to Change The Channel and Move On!!!! Here's your Sign!

Last edited:

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
There is a couple of bigger militia groups in Alabama with very active zones. They do get together and train. It’s not all about guns. They include Ham radio training,Medical,prepping/survival. They have very extensive vetting process. And have chapters in almost every state.
Can you give more details please? Names and areas? This is exactly what I and I believe Zero is looking for. I had recently started a HAM radio thread.
Thanks.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Seems like this blew up a little bit since I last posted.
@Zero I didn't mean any offense and I hope you didn't take it that way. I just wanted make the point that if you bring up the "M" word and the "P" word they're politically loaded and you shouldn't be surprised if a conversation around them turns political or even religious as the two go hand-in-hand for a lot of people.
@sleepy4sureishere I appreciate your willingness to come to my defense but I don't really believe I was being attacked here, I think Zero just didn't want to get "in the weeds" and just wanted some info on local groups.
@Bamarider ider that sounds great and I'm glad to hear it as long as they're aware they need to be EXTREMELY wary of potential infiltration or espionage attempts as it has happened before and can very well happen again.

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Long Live the FIRST AMENDMENT!!!! May We not Tread upon the Blood of Our Founding Fathers and Patriots!!! Some of us are not Tap Dancers...We just let the Words and Facts speak for themselves...

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Seems like this blew up a little bit since I last posted.
@Zero I didn't mean any offense and I hope you didn't take it that way. I just wanted make the point that if you bring up the "M" word and the "P" word they're politically loaded and you shouldn't be surprised if a conversation around them turns political or even religious as the two go hand-in-hand for a lot of people.
@sleepy4sureishere I appreciate your willingness to come to my defense but I don't really believe I was being attacked here, I think Zero just didn't want to get "in the weeds" and just wanted some info on local groups.
@Bamarider ider that sounds great and I'm glad to hear it as long as they're aware they need to be EXTREMELY wary of potential infiltration or espionage attempts as it has happened before and can very well happen again.
I think all the information is good here and I think there was some miscommunication but we are all friends and we are a group of good people.

Zero

Established Member
Sep 6, 2020
Madison County
Don't worry friend, I took no offense. As a side note, what do other people think about a kind of get together for the community kind of like a comic con? Maybe we could organize something and meet in a state or national park and just BBQ. Just a thought, I love meeting new people.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
I like that idea! We'd need to try to find a place that's not terribly out of the way for anybody and that would let us shoot. I've never been but would the CMP park in Talladega be a good spot for this?

Ridgerunnercamo

Established Member
Apr 26, 2021
Alabama
FYI
You don't "find" these groups online. They're not that stupid.
And you don't go "join" either. You might be invited if you're deemed worthy.