Local Milsurp store recommendation?

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
Anyone here know of any good milsurp stores near NW Alabama? I remember there used to be an Army/Navy store in Tuscaloosa back years ago, I went there when I was a teenager.

Just curious if there was a place semi local where I could go, take my son and look for some stuff we might not necessarily need, but would like to have for just in case... ;). He has really gotten into bushcraft, so who knows what we might find he might like.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
This all makes me think of the glory days of Rogers Army-Navy Store in downtown Birmingham. One of my favorite destinations as a kid.

My apologies for the drift, as I’m not aware of any such outlets elsewhere. Rogers rebranded as Rogers Trading Company and relocated to the Highway 280 corridor, operating as more of an outdoor apparel outlet. I scored a couple of those nifty / nerdy photographer-safari vests there before they sadly closed-up operations.

Driftin’ again, I’m sorry…

49fastback

Established Member
Feb 18, 2022
Pelham
There was one in Bessemer, few blocks back down towards town from Lowe's. Been awhile so not sure if it's still there but google might locate it.