Looking at Huntsville

Joao01

Established Member
Sep 10, 2019
Central United States
Hello! Pondering a potential job change that would take me near the Research Park/University area of town. I’m heading down to scout the area a bit and see if I’m open to a move. Where would you suggest I look at to get a flavor for housing in the area? I’d like at least 1/3 acre, and preferably a place with good schools that allows small livestock, and maybe a bit more land that I can pew pew on.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
There is a park just on the north side (mount sono) or something, I always liked. You could also look at guntersville off the lake. All are close by. Beautiful area up there.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
True but many people commute just to be on the lake. I look for privacy so mine may be alittle skewed. I did pest control up there for a while and I don’t know all the areas. I know there are some areas you do not want.

There is also some places near the hospital that are nice.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
It’s a nice area to be looking at.

Tony Alabama is farming land as well as meridianville up there. There is another area I liked but can’t remember it at the moment.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

US1 Guns

Established Member
Oct 3, 2019
Scottsboro,Al.
Dont move to Guntersville unless you want to be near the most beautiful lake in the south,(69,000 acres).The town is beautiful with a high ranked school system.Still old timey with parades and fireworks.
PLUS powerboat racing is back.

Rumrunner

Established Member
Jul 16, 2018
Athens
Hello! Pondering a potential job change that would take me near the Research Park/University area of town. I’m heading down to scout the area a bit and see if I’m open to a move. Where would you suggest I look at to get a flavor for housing in the area? I’d like at least 1/3 acre, and preferably a place with good schools that allows small livestock, and maybe a bit more land that I can pew pew on.
Sorry I’m just seeing this. Did you find an area?