Looking For Help

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Hey Gun People,

I am looking for some help in these forums.

As you know I have not been active as much as I once was life has taken a toll and I’m not able to be on as much therefore I am looking for people to moderator and help manage the forum.

@TennJeep1618 I am looking at you as one because you have been here quite some time.

Everyone else PM me or reply here and I will look at activity and post because as a moderator I want you to be active in my absence.

Thanks

TennJeep1618

Established Member
Sep 11, 2017
Fairhope
Hey man, I actually just recently stepped down from being a moderator on another forum. I'm enjoying not having that responsibility for now, but if you still need help in a couple months, let me know.

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
I just looked at the other forum, and sure enough, "moderator" is not in your profile any more. Was there a nice severance package? I must have missed the official notification. You did a good job. I, for one, will miss your moderation style.

TennJeep1618

Established Member
Sep 11, 2017
Fairhope
I just looked at the other forum, and sure enough, "moderator" is not in your profile any more. Was there a nice severance package? I must have missed the official notification. You did a good job. I, for one, will miss your moderation style.

Thanks, Joel.

There was no official notification. I'm not sure that anyone has noticed (if they have, they haven't asked me), but I told a couple people, one of which sent me a PM asking me to moderate something. I'd been a moderator there for almost 5 years and I just didn't feel like doing it anymore. The everyday, "normal" stuff wasn't a big deal, since I spend a lot of time on the computer every day anyway. The other, more controversial stuff was just a pain to deal with, especially since I don't care to talk about that kind of stuff in basically any setting.

This forum probably wouldn't be any big deal to help moderate, but I'm really enjoying not even thinking about it for the time being. It's nice to just be a participant.

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
I don't know if you ever visit the Colt forum, but, if the topic isn't about Colt firearms, it gets closed fast. There isn't a single person on that forum that I have any negative feelings about. Funny how that works. Other forums, classifieds only for me.

Bill Hilly

Established Member
Oct 3, 2018
Colorado
I really hope this forum gets more members. We need more good gun forums. I will be here often. I'm retired so I will have plenty of time to contribute.

Joel6180

Staff member
Advisor
Jan 27, 2018
Atmore, AL
I am the same way about the Colt forum. Best forum I am visit for firearms. No BS. I love Marlins too, but the topics, besides for sale items, are awful. If folks want to talk about politics, let them go to a political forum.

I just realized, I replied to my own post.

Bill Hilly

Established Member
Oct 3, 2018
Colorado
I really, really enjoy this place. As far as I am concerned, this is a very well run forum. I have yet to see trolls in here at all. If I were the owner, my first task would be to extinguish any and all trolls post haste.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
That is what I am looking for people that want to help manage any spam post and move post to the forum if they are in the incorrect forum.

But yes, trolls and spam is taken care of quickly.

Bill Hilly

Established Member
Oct 3, 2018
Colorado
That is what I am looking for people that want to help manage any spam post and move post to the forum if they are in the incorrect forum.

But yes, trolls and spam is taken care of quickly.
Randal, I would like to help you however, I am terrible with computers. I love posting and being a part of a forum, however, I think I would make things worse for ya. Thanks for asking.