Low-Priority Question - “Like” Confirmations

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Every now and then, applying a “Like” to a post generates a confirmation prompt (“Are you sure you want to apply this reaction?” or something like that). I’ve not monitored it closely enough to determine if there’s a pattern to it.

Just a curiosity, no big deal - the Forum looks like it’s running quite well.

Thank you!

bamabum

Staff member
Oct 19, 2020
Wedowee
This has been discussed in other ZenForo forums as an issue that sometimes happens if you hit a reaction (such as a 'like') before the page fully loads. It is more common, it seems, when there is a slow page load sequence (slower internet connection, heavy server traffic, etc.), and you think the page loading is complete, but a script is hanging/still running in the background, resulting in the confirmation message. Again, just what I have read on other similar discussion boards. And, no, I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
It even does it to me sometimes on my phone. The web hosting company I use is out of the west coast and I have been with them for years now so I dont plan to change. BUT, It can cause slower page loading at times which is how your going to see sometimes to forum is fast and sometimes its slower. If we were on the west coast it would be faster.