Need a little help with hunting licenses.

LatterVersion

Established Member
Dec 14, 2021
Huntsville
I am new to the state and have hunted for many years out west. I am a meat hunter, and really just like to get out to explore and try my hand at wild game cooking. I would like to learn more about hunting everything down here so that I can figure out what I like and what I don't. Following some other online advice, I bought the licenses below:

1644202435140.png

I am still unclear what "Res Hunting - All Game" means. Can I hunt everything in all seasons (archery, rifle, etc.), or do I need other licenses? I know that deer season is coming to a close, but I am interested in hunting just about anything, so I figured it was still worth it. What am I able to hunt through the rest of the year with the licenses above? Any other licenses that I need?

My main interest right now is hunting hogs, and I am set up to hunt hogs with night vision and thermal. Can someone point me in the direction to get started with that? I am not a "guided hunt" type of guy, so I plan to hunt public land or work with private landowners. Any help or advice to get started would be greatly appreciated.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Resident Hunting - All Game does indeed set you up for everything; with the exception of the bait privilege and the nighttime feral swine/coyote license which are separate add-on licenses. Licenses in Alabama expire on 8/31 every year regardless of when you purchased them so keep that in mind. Not too familiar with duck hunting since I've never done it but I believe there are both state and federal duck stamps involved with that. As far as night hunting hogs goes, that season starts Feb 11th and runs through Nov 1 (used to need a depredation permit to hunt them at night but they just added this new season) and I'd recommend working with some buddies that own private land or a local farmer for that. If you have any more questions please let me know.