Need help

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
So I'm not big on using steel case ammo in my gun which is a glock 19 gen 3, I like using brass, but my problem is I can't seem to find any good defense ammo in brass, all I ever see is steel case and I'm just not gonna shoot it, is there any good defensive ammo that's brass case?

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Matt,

I do not think anything of it when I picked up the American Gunner I purchased. Why? Any ammo will stop someone if you are able to hit them in the right place. I have carried FMJ because I know if I shoot them 12 times with it then they prob arent going to keep attacking or harming anyone.

Now with that said, I am using the Hollow points I picked up and then again if I shoot you 3-4 times with it regardless of what some guy says in ballistic testing your prob going to stop the attack or what they had intended.

Buy and shoot what you like or what you find.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
FWIW, that's the brand / type of ammo I usually carry in my 1911; Remington 230-grain JHP from the 100-round box.

Walmart here (probably everywhere) just hiked prices on certain ammo (and guns, too) - the 100-round box of .45 JHP went from $40 to $58 - ouch! Still, for .45 JHP, it's not a bad price.

The 9mm JHP used to be $25 a box before the recent hike.