New Hi Powers from SA

Mugi-wara

Established Member
Jan 3, 2022
NW Bama
I was just curious if anyone had laid hands on one or observed them locally. If so, what are your observations, thoughts in regards to this new (old style) offering?

Jpope

Established Member
Aug 5, 2021
Childersburg, AL
I've read quite a few unfavorable reviews online. Haven't seen or held one personally. I had high hopes. The new FN is supposed to be more of a Hi Power lookalike instead of clone. Think I'm going to just find an original.

RShack

Feb 20, 2022
Gulf Shores
After the initial batch that got some iffy review, the supply seems to have dried up.

My completely made-up theory is that SA has paused production to fix what reviewers complained about. I want one, but I'm waiting to see if they fixed the problems like I think they are doing.

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Honest Outlaw on Youtube did a review on the Girsan P35. It is much more of a clone to the Mark III HP than the SA is. and Honest showed it operating flawlessly. BH Spring Solutions had a good tear down of the SA and the slot the extractor rides in was milled wrong and causing the extractor to drag as it pivoted caused failures to extract. I'm gonna try and find a Girsan if I can.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
They look interesting. As I’ve remarked in another thread, I’m a fan of the BHP but have just had to stop trying them, they just don’t seem to fit me well.

Blaznhale72

Jan 31, 2022
Harvest
A dealer in Huntsville had a few…like 10 that sold in one day. They let me look at one that was on layaway. They look and feel like top notch. He said there was some issues they were trying to iron out before shipping out a lot of firearms that would have to be returned for warranty. Price was $850 I believe

tgwolfwood1981

Established Member
Apr 3, 2022
Bryant, Al
SA hasn’t really inspired confidence as of late. And unfortunately the new FN versions has some upgrades (whether needed or not) that makes it not compatible with all original HP parts. It really is it’s own gun.