About The Fop Range In Pleasant Grove...

FOP Range

Established Member
Jun 2, 2017
Pleasant Grove AL
Hi all! I am Jon Grigsby, the owner of the FOP Range in Pleasant Grove. We signed on here as a forum sponsor about a year ago and are happy to support this forum. So... time to pitch what all we have to offer shooters in and around the Bham area...

About us: We have been here as the FOP Range Inc since Jan. 1 1996. The range was built by the FOP Lodge 58 as a police qualification range in the mid 1970's. I came on in the early 1990's as a range officer and then as the range master for the Lodge. In 1995 we were having problems with unsupervised shooters tearing up the facility. The lodge wanted to close it to civilians who were destroying things. I offered to take it over as a private shooting club, provide it free of charge to law enforcement agencies, develop the property to accommodate more shooters, and pay rent to the lodge. They agreed and the FOP Range Inc was born.

Facilities: We have 10 acres and are using almost every square inch for shooting. The Public range is 100 yards long with 12 concrete benchrest tables for rifles and 9 positions for handguns. Rifles have target stands at 50 and 100 yards and handguns have 12 yards with a couple of steel plate racks to play on. The rest of the facility is for members. Our Steel Plate range is 50 yards wide, covered, has 8 foot wide 20 positions for groups to use and 125+ steel plates at 10, 15, and 22 yards for handguns. Our Rimfire range has 10 6 foot positions with 125+ steel plate targets at 10 to 22 yards. Our Rifle range has 10 positions, each separated by screen to keep brass off your neighbor, concrete, with target stands at 50 and 100 yards and steel plates at 100. There are two Paper ranges for handguns, each with half a dozen stands ready for use. All the ranges are covered to provide all weather year round use. There is also a training range we use for law enforcement and armed security training. It is available to use for practical shooting to members who hold a C card or better with the USPSA. We make this range available to any law enforcement agency needing to train or qualify its officers free of charge. Overall, we can handle about a 100 shooters on the range at any given time. Its a pretty big place. The range is staffed 100% of the time we are open by range officers whose first responsibility is to ensure a safe shooting environment for everyone here. Our hours are 9 to 7 Mon thru Fri and noon to 5 Sun. During shorter days, we close at dark. Open 7 days a week, closing only Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.

Cost: We are absolutely the least expensive commercial shooting facility to use. The Public range fee is only $20 for the day. Come after 3 and the next day is free. We have 3 types of membership... Single is $150 annually with a $25 initiation fee, gets you 7 day a week range access. Full is $200 annually with a $25 initiation fee, gets you, your spouse and kids up to 20 years old 7 days a week range access. Limited is only $100 annually with a $25 initiation fee, gets you, your spouse and kids up to 20 years old range access Monday through Thursday. Members may bring as many guests as they like as often as they like for $10 each. We have about 1200 members currently with room for more. We dropped our prices last year to make us even more affordable to everyone. Our volume lets us pay the bills.

Specials: We run sales specials every day of the week, every week...
Monday, Free kids for public range users and free guests for members.
Tuesday, 20% off all ammo to everyone.
Wednesday, Free ladies day.
Thursday, Senior day (AKA old fart day) Public fee and guest fee for those 60+ is $5.
Friday, Civil service day, Half price range use fees for first responders and those with military service.
Sat and Sun, Free gun rental with purchase of one box of ammo.

More info: See our web site, www.foprange.com. See us on facebook for a ton of pictures of the facility. Look in the album section under photos. There I posted pics of the most recent upgrades from last year. Like or follow our facebook page for specials I post there.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Has it been that long wow seems just yesterday I was talking on the phone to you!

I know the foo range has went through some upgrades this past year and looks really nice.