1. Welcome to Alabama Gun Forum! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!
  2. Check out our other style options, we have color schemes for Alabama & Auburn! All the info can be found here.

Open Carry Vs Concealed Carry

Thread in 'Firearm & Carry Laws' started by RandallC, Jan 29, 2016.

1. RandallC

RandallC Sharpshooter

What are some pros and cons of open carry vs Concealed Carry.

I like to Conceal carry because I just think its awesome to walk around without anyone knowing I could if the need arises protect them.

Drayker99 likes this.
  2. Matt nelson

Matt nelson Marksman

I prefer conceal carry for the simple fact no one knows I have a firearm, granted if you open carry, if that's what someone likes then more power to them, but if your somewhere and they get robbed or a lunatic decides to shoot the place up, if he sees you weapon, your gonna be his first target, conceal carry no one knows I'm armed, and they don't need to know, that's my business, it's just my opinion though

bamaredwingsfan likes this.
  3. Horse $trader

Horse $trader New to the forum!

Conceal carry only. Element of surprise!! You've heard the saying: " Don't worry about the guy running his mouth trying to start something. Beware of the quiet one not saying anything! " I relate open carry to the "loud one." I'd rather be quiet.
    No intentions of offending anyone. If you want to open carry . Carry on my friend. Just my opinion....

bamaredwingsfan and RandallC like this.
  4. RandallC

RandallC Sharpshooter

I also associate open carry with being the first target if in the situation that I need to use my gun.

5. Matt nelson

Matt nelson Marksman

You know I have never thought about it that way, the thing to try to do is to draw the gunners attention away from innocent civilians, thank you for what you said, I would have never thought about it that way, kinda gave me a new prospective on open carry

6. Tim

Tim New to the forum!

Being in law enforcement I obviously open carry at work but I always carry concealed off duty because of that element of surprise. Should a situation arise when I am forced to use my firearm I want all of the advantages that I can have and the element of surprise is crucial. I certainly support people's constitutional right to open carry but from a tactical standpoint I choose not to.

RandallC likes this.
  7. RandallC

RandallC Sharpshooter

I cant agree more @Tim and that is why I conceal carry.

bamaredwingsfan and Tim like this.
  8. 4CERTn

4CERTn Marksman

I prefer concealed-carry; however, I'm glad we have the freedom to open carry if desired.

bamaredwingsfan likes this.
  9. Bobster9mm

Bobster9mm Marksman

Agreed!!!!

4CERTn likes this.
  10. Cleburne

Cleburne New to the forum!

Conceal carry for me also.

4CERTn likes this.