Open Carry Vs Concealed Carry

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
I prefer conceal carry for the simple fact no one knows I have a firearm, granted if you open carry, if that's what someone likes then more power to them, but if your somewhere and they get robbed or a lunatic decides to shoot the place up, if he sees you weapon, your gonna be his first target, conceal carry no one knows I'm armed, and they don't need to know, that's my business, it's just my opinion though

Horse $trader

Established Member
Jan 30, 2016
Shelby County, AL
Conceal carry only. Element of surprise!! You've heard the saying: " Don't worry about the guy running his mouth trying to start something. Beware of the quiet one not saying anything! " I relate open carry to the "loud one." I'd rather be quiet.
No intentions of offending anyone. If you want to open carry . Carry on my friend. Just my opinion....

Matt nelson

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
You know I have never thought about it that way, the thing to try to do is to draw the gunners attention away from innocent civilians, thank you for what you said, I would have never thought about it that way, kinda gave me a new prospective on open carry

Tim1

Established Member
Jan 30, 2016
Being in law enforcement I obviously open carry at work but I always carry concealed off duty because of that element of surprise. Should a situation arise when I am forced to use my firearm I want all of the advantages that I can have and the element of surprise is crucial. I certainly support people's constitutional right to open carry but from a tactical standpoint I choose not to.

pwood

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
I too favor concealed carry. Even when I am carrying OWB I make sure that I have a shirt or jacket to cover my pistol. The only time I don't is when I am fishing. I have a small 22 that I carry on my belt.

Gary Slider

Established Member
Nov 30, 2018
New Martinsville, WV