Pistol Brace Firearms

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Interested in firearms with pistol braces. Especially CMMG, Daniel Defense, Galil, etc.

Shoot me a message

FLAMAN

Established Member
Jun 22, 2022
Talladega
I have a KS-47 pretty tricked out with factory brace. I'm thinking of just adding 16" barrel. You know about the new rule the passed right? I'm not willing to register so I will change it or get rid of it.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Thanks for the response. Yes I’m very familiar with the new “rule”

I think the KS47 is a PSA product. Not really interested in those if it’s PSA. Best of luck with it.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
More looking for firearms setup with braces. Particularly Daniel defense, CMMG, Galil, etc

Thanks

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Give it a little time to see what happens. The FFLs have 60 days from publication to clear their inventory.

Bamarider

Established Member
Feb 1, 2016
Mountolive
I watched a video today from the lawyers of Gun owners of America has released a video today saying the new law is a trap. The lawyer go’s into detail about a meeting he had this morning with ATF officials. The form 1 as most of us already know that has done one before. Is asking the government to build a SBR. Another words you get your approval then you put the sbr together. With the pistol brace law you already have a built SBR. Here’s the trap. You file form 1 take pictures of rifle, a pic of yourself and address, finger prints and you hand all that to ATF. Well the FBI no longer does the background checks for the ATF so the ATF has now implemented that all form 1’s that go past the 88 day background point is automatically denied. The Attorney then asks the ATF what happens when the denial happens the response from ATF agent was we will then enforce the law of illegal SBR possession. And you sent everything they need to convict you of illegal possession of a sbr. Please go watch the video.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I think this is a good point. I have previously been more concerned about the creation of a new registration list with future consequences. However this is another risk for sure!

Again I’m not a lawyer and I am not supplying any legal advice on this issue. Having said that it appears one’s realistic options are as follows:

1) Remove the stabilizing brace before the deadline
2) Sale the pistol before the 120 day deadline (60 days for FFL holders)
3) Hold out to see what develops over the next 120 days for individuals

My personal opinion is that you should wait to see what happens in the courts in particular. There is a risk here for sure but it’s unknown to be honest.

I’ve made my personal position well known as I’m currently buying CMMG, Galil, Daniel Defense, Sig etc pistols with braces.

Dave1219

Established Member
Feb 7, 2021
Huntsville
Here is a stock pic of Cobalt Kinetics 300 Blk with stock muzzle device. It is installed on it now. I have the stock brace but it has the SB Tactical upgrade installed.

Attachments

• 9C8BFC50-98A3-44AA-B69E-C2CA940E989A.jpeg
    9C8BFC50-98A3-44AA-B69E-C2CA940E989A.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 9