Rear sight

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
I need a rear sight for my S&W model 57. It is a .41 magnum caliber. I have checked all the main parts suppliers ( Brownells etc ) ebay and can't find one. I'm going to call S&W's custom shop and see if they can help. If you can heip please let me know. Thanks

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
Hey Joel. Thanks for answering. My gun is at my gunsmith getting worked on. I have sent him your photos. And he is out of the shop right now. But as soon as he takes a look and gets back I'll get back to you. I sure hope this fits. Thanks again.

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
When my smith gets home he said that he would check the centers on the bolt holes. I'm in Moody Al and he's south of me in Roanoke Ala. I had originally had this pistol at another gunsmiths shop for a hot blueing and he kept it a YEAR a YEAR and couldnot get the job done. So I went an picked up my gun in pieces in a sandwich bag he left out the rear sight. So my new smith is going to cerakot it. He does great work. But anyway thats the story.
But I'll get back if this will work. I don't know but I might you to send me the picks with caliber later on. Again thanks

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
I bought it with sever pittting. I hate it but a dark hot blue would cost me to much. And finding some one to do a good job is another factor. I had it a gun smith for a year-for a year, and he couldn't work it in. Most smiths say hot bluing is labor heavy and getting all the materials is tough.That they want to do hot bluing with a batch of more than 1 gun. I wanted to get the gun back before I died. So thats the nuts and bolts of the whole ordeal.

Ed Jennings

Established Member
Jul 6, 2020
Pleasant Grove AL
I bought it with sever pittting. I hate it but a dark hot blue would cost me to much. And finding some one to do a good job is another factor. I had it a gun smith for a year-for a year, and he couldn't work it in. Most smiths say hot bluing is labor heavy and getting all the materials is tough.That they want to do hot bluing with a batch of more than 1 gun. I wanted to get the gun back before I died. So thats the nuts and bolts of the whole ordeal.
Well, given the severe pitting, I guess the Cerakote can be forgiven.