Recoil Spring Weights

Zero

Established Member
Sep 6, 2020
Madison County
Can someone please explain to me like a caveman what the differences in the spring weights are on guide rods? I am looking at getting a gen 5 glock 19 or a glock 45 and want to put in a pure tungsten guide rod but can't figure out which weight to get 15lb or 18lb. I know it is related to ammo grain weight but not sure which would be best for me.

4l65e

Established Member
Apr 30, 2023
Alabama
Can someone please explain to me like a caveman what the differences in the spring weights are on guide rods? I am looking at getting a gen 5 glock 19 or a glock 45 and want to put in a pure tungsten guide rod but can't figure out which weight to get 15lb or 18lb. I know it is related to ammo grain weight but not sure which would be best for me.

What would you like to accomplish with the heavier guide rod?

I put a 20# spring in my cz75 compact and now instead of flinging empty cases into the next county, it drops them right by my side. I think the factory is 16 pounds on that gun.

Zero

Established Member
Sep 6, 2020
Madison County
What would you like to accomplish with the heavier guide rod?

I put a 20# spring in my cz75 compact and now instead of flinging empty cases into the next county, it drops them right by my side. I think the factory is 16 pounds on that gun.
I was wondering what the heavier 18lb spring would do vs the lighter 15lb, they don't make a 16lb version. I am not too familar with how the different weights affect what in the operation of the firearm. I want to ensure that it won't cause any ejection issues and since it's an expensive part didn't want to go through the hassle of having to return it.