1. Welcome to Alabama Gun Forum! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!
  2. Check out our other style options, we have color schemes for Alabama & Auburn! All the info can be found here.

Spare Ammo for Your J-Frame

Thread in 'Firearm & Carry Laws' started by 4CERTn, Feb 2, 2016.

1. 4CERTn

4CERTn Marksman

Just thought I'd share something with the members here, a way I've been carrying spare ammo for a S&W J-frame snubby for a while that's worked pretty well for me.

Admittedly, speed loaders would be a better choice than what I use. My only concern, personally, with those is their concealment.

I've been using speed-strips, available from Bianchi and others. My favorite has become the Tuff Products Quick-Strip. I further like their 8-shot model, downloaded to just the 5 rounds that my .38 will hold. This gives me a little room to work with on a reload, and I'll take all the help I can get there haha...

With my setup, I'll load 2 then 2 then 1.

Shown here is my S&W 442, a couple of Quick-Strips, my JW O'Rourke pocket holster, and the Tuff Products double-strip pouch that I carry strong-side forward of the hip. It's compact, unobtrusive, and out of the way of both my front pocket and any larger handgun that may be on my strong-side hip.

I like to practice reloads and dry-fire with snap caps whenever I can, as well.

Attached Files:

2. 1SGEd

1SGEd Marksman

Thanks for sharing. I have the S&W 637 and I have been considering the speed loaders for a while but I don't see how you can conceal carry them practically. Speed strips might be the way to go. I will look into the Tuff products pouch.

4CERTn likes this.