Springfield Echelon

Roberts10

Established Member
Feb 13, 2023
Cherokee alabama
Told myself no more guns but the magazine articles kept hyping it so I asked to see one at the gun store.
And I bought it.

I really like the grip and it feels surprisingly light for such a large gun. What sold me was the flared portion of the slide in front of the ejection port, seems to makes it alot easier to rake the slide than my other pistols.

I've shot around 400 rounds of various bullets and no failures of any kind. I shot 6 of the CCI shot shells through it and they ran as good as any. My other 9mm doesn't like the shot shells and will jam so this is gonna help this summer around the house when my trouble making neighbor Mr. Head shows up. Copperhead that is. Snakes and skunks are my only neighbors in the boonies.

Not many options for OWB paddle holsters yet, just picked one and ordered it. I made a poor choice. Didn't know they made kydex this thin. Only thing stopping the gun from going deeper into the holster is an edge of the holster that catches on the magazine ejection button. The holster flexes easily so the button slips under the edge and eventually gets pushed, ejecting the magazine. Ejected it twice just walking around in the woods. I'm sending it back. Picture included to help with the explanation.

So far I'm very pleased with the gun.

Attachments

• 20231109_104626.jpg
    20231109_104626.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 20231109_104626.jpg
    20231109_104626.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 19

Roberts10

Established Member
Feb 13, 2023
Cherokee alabama
Which holster did you get? I'd like to learn from your mistake.
Muddy River Tactical.
I can almost see that since the echelon is so new maybe this is just growing pains in the design.
Don't know.
I've got an older paddle holster for a s&w shield that seems thicker and more "rigid".
I looked at that company's website, they show nothing for the echelon.

Skrimps

Established Member
Apr 21, 2023
Huntsville, AL
I have been eyeing the Echelon with the threaded barrel. Looks like a nice gun. I also noticed they released some new TRP models on their website too, so my attention went to those over the Echelon for now.