1. Welcome to Alabama Gun Forum! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!
  2. Check out our other style options, we have color schemes for Alabama & Auburn! All the info can be found here.

The "Gunbelt"

Thread in 'Firearm & Carry Laws' started by 4CERTn, Feb 6, 2016.

1. 4CERTn

4CERTn Marksman

I've carried for a fair while (20+ years) but only very recently (2 years ago) followed advice I'd read over and over: if carrying a handgun of any appreciable girth, do yourself a favor and get a decent belt.

I've worn-out more cheap belts than I could keep up with over these years. Typically favoring heavier handguns (SIGs, 1911s, etc.), I constantly battled holster-sag to no avail.

Granted, I don't pack a gun on the belt ALL the time these days. But a couple of years ago, I purchased a double-thickness leather belt from A&G Gunleather and now, frankly, I'm spoiled.

I wear this belt virtually all the time, whether I'm carrying on the belt or not. I actually have TWO of them I like them so much!

I opted for A&G's "Quick Ship" belt in brown, 1.5" width, with a brass buckle. The choices are virtually limitless with them and, in sure, with the many, many other leather-crafters out there.

While I've not yet personally tried them, I hear very good things about various "gun-carrying-oriented" non-leather belts such as the 5.11 Wilderness Instructor line. I'd like to give one of those a try sometime.

What have your belt-carrying experiences been?

image.jpeg

2. RandallC

RandallC Sharpshooter

That looks good, I should look into one but i always look for a police type belt when I am buying a new one but I also buy the cheapest thing I can for a belt the best I have now is doing really well for iwb and owb and it wsa 14 from walmart.

4CERTn likes this.
  3. 4CERTn

4CERTn Marksman

Funny you say that - some of the best belts I had prior to getting one from A&G had come from either Walmart or Academy Sports!

4. slpeod

slpeod Marksman

4CERTn likes this.