Trail Cam recommendations?

madmyk

Established Member
Jan 11, 2021
Tuscaloosa, AL
Long story short - had two of my trail cams fail this year and need to get new ones.
"Desired" features - budget friendly, quality pics, remotely accessible (wifi or cell). I am not married to the remote access functions but I have other "motives" in mind for home cameras (think blink/nest - but not being forced to do the use their cloud thing).

TIA

CharlieLimaBravo

Established Member
Aug 6, 2021
Mobile
Budget friendly cell cams you can’t beat the spylink micro lte. Retails for around $99 and includes 100 free pictures a month, plans are pretty cheap if you need more. Watch academy they have been known to run a sale on the 2-pack cameras for $139 or even cheaper. I’ve been using these for a couple years and currently I have 8 of them and only had 1 fail and it was replaced under warranty.

tristan.guffey

Established Member
May 18, 2023
Wetumpka
The last 3 years I have used Tactacams, Moultrie Edge, Muddy Manifest, and Stealthcams. Moultrie and Muddy always gave me problems, not triggering or sending photos correctly, etc. Tactacams were really good, no complaints.

But I ended up switching to all Stealthcams this year. A mix of Fusion X, Reactor, and Sonic models. The reliability of these, combined with battery life and in my opinion a better app just did it for me. Plus, you can routinely find these on eBay for $50-70. Can't beat it.

Good luck this season!

ZachBaty

Established Member
Aug 11, 2023
Alexander City, AL
I have several buddies who absolutely despise their spypoint cell cams. I started with a $70 Moultrie edge and was pleased but have now went with the Tactacam reveal x and it has really impressed me. They come with both verizon and AT&T SIM cards so whichever services your area the best. I can stand by camera and have zero bars on my phone but the camera will have at least 2.

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
Budget friendly cell cams you can’t beat the spylink micro lte. Retails for around $99 and includes 100 free pictures a month, plans are pretty cheap if you need more. Watch academy they have been known to run a sale on the 2-pack cameras for $139 or even cheaper. I’ve been using these for a couple years and currently I have 8 of them and only had 1 fail and it was replaced under warranty.
I got a 2 pack of the LM2 this year, the new version, for $69.99 at academy online. I should have bought more but i didn't need them.