Trussville Gun & Knife Show 4/29-30

tbk5

Established Member
Jun 21, 2018
Springville, AL
I didn't go. I was tempted becasue it is only 5 miles from my home but I had too many spring chores to do this weekend. Shows have slipped in quality over the years. I usually don't go without some reports that it is worth it.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
I went @ 10:30 this morning. I went in with low expectations, but it turned out to be better than I was expecting. Decent amount of tables and used prices seemed to be in line (mostly).

Some (most) of the new-gun dealers were very optimistic...pricing them $75 - $100 more than Academy Sports 10 minutes down the road.

I did pick up a slightly-used Walther PPQ in .45 ACP for a fair price. I'd been looking for one for a while and have passed up several on GB that went for more than I was looking to pay, especially after shipping and transfer $$.

ppqa.jpg

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
Was this one good?

Depends on what you'd consider "good". From my report a couple of posts above...

I went @ 10:30 this morning. I went in with low expectations, but it turned out to be better than I was expecting. Decent amount of tables and used prices seemed to be in line (mostly).

Some (most) of the new-gun dealers were very optimistic...pricing them $75 - $100 more than Academy Sports 10 minutes down the road.

I did pick up a slightly-used Walther PPQ in .45 ACP for a fair price. I'd been looking for one for a while and have passed up several on GB that went for more than I was looking to pay, especially after shipping and transfer $$.

I found what I was looking for, so it turned out to be a good one for me.