[video] My Uspsa Carry Optics Division Glocks

mysteriousmike

Established Member
Nov 6, 2017
Huntsville
Nice video. What kinds of failures do you see from carry optics? I had a slide mounted fastfire 2 on a glock 20 that saw about 1000 rounds of hot 10mm before i sold that gun. Still have the sight today and works great. Speaking of the glockmeister plug is it solid or just a thin surface? On the same gun I did a backstrap reduction where I filled in the void with epoxy. Instead of leaving it squared off I used a dremel sanding drum and made deep rounded bevel. Wish i had a pic. Worked really well.

TennJeep1618

Established Member
Sep 11, 2017
Fairhope
Nice video. What kinds of failures do you see from carry optics? I had a slide mounted fastfire 2 on a glock 20 that saw about 1000 rounds of hot 10mm before i sold that gun. Still have the sight today and works great. Speaking of the glockmeister plug is it solid or just a thin surface? On the same gun I did a backstrap reduction where I filled in the void with epoxy. Instead of leaving it squared off I used a dremel sanding drum and made deep rounded bevel. Wish i had a pic. Worked really well.

Thanks! I've occasionally seen some failures, mainly C-More RTS2 or Vortex micro dots. The DPP's I use tend to act a little funny when the battery starts getting low, but I've found that replacing the battery every 3-4 months on my guns prevents that issue.

The glockmeister plug isn't solid, but it's pretty thick. Since I can add a little weight to the gun and still be legal for Carry Optics, it has been suggested that I use a tungsten guide rod and fill the backstrap with tungsten putty. I'm not sure how much that will actually help, but I may play around with it one day if I get bored.

mysteriousmike

Established Member
Nov 6, 2017
Huntsville
it has been suggested that I use a tungsten guide rod and fill the backstrap with tungsten putty. I'm not sure how much that will actually help, but I may play around with it one day if I get bored.
I've seen the toys you post. You will definitely be doing this. It's ok. I understand your sickness.