What’s in your woods?

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
A large snake and a Bobcat !
That’s some good pics !!
Thanks for sharing, see way to many Deer - different is good, And on a Game Camera ! This pic will probably keep some people-Away - from Poaching!!!
Thumbs Up !!

Last edited:

Sam O

Established Member
Feb 3, 2016
Eva, AL
That’s the the only picture I’ve gotten of a bobcat during the day, and it’s the largest one.

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Who Else has some unusual Pictures from a Game Cam ?!?
Just old Leroy wondering why I let the corn feeder run out View attachment 6029
Was this taken in Alabama? Reason I ask, there are people that Do Not Think there are “any” Black Bear’s or Black Panther’s in Alabama and I know people who have seen Both!?

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama

Was this taken in Alabama? Reason I ask, there are people that Do Not Think there are “any” Black Bear’s or Black Panther’s in Alabama and I know people who have seen Both!?
20220427_172354.jpg yes this is about an hour's Drive North of mobile. Just because you don't see bears in the woods don't mean they're not there we very rarely see these in person but they are here all the time. Within a 7-mile circle of my house there is a resident female that raises two to three every other year and at least three different documented males

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
View attachment 6069 yes this is about an hour's Drive North of mobile. Just because you don't see bears in the woods don't mean they're not there we very rarely see these in person but they are here all the time. Within a 7-mile circle of my house there is a resident female that raises two to three every other year and at least three different documented males
IIRC there are 2 known groups of black bears in the state, one in the Mobile Delta (as pictured here) and one near Mt. Cheahah. That's just what's officially known about, there could be more. As far as panthers go, pretty much everybody knows someone who's seen one or has pictures of them on their game cameras but the Game and Fish department will swear up and down they don't exist or are just tame ones that escaped. I know one time when I was a teenager I came across a track on our hunting land near Troy that looked like a cat's paw but was WAAAY to big to be either a housecat or a bobcat, and a guy who came hunting with us once claimed he saw a mating pair up in a tree and never came back because of it.

Toddknocker

Established Member
Apr 17, 2022
Prattville
As far as the panthers go, I heard one at night. It was the “woman screaming” that everyone has been told about. It was moving through the woods fast too. My brother, and a family friend saw one, on separate occasions. Finally, a very large cat, as evident by the paw tracks, got in to the neighbors cows one night, spooked them, and caused them to tear down the fence and get out. We helped round up the cattle and saw the tracks.

longhunter09

Established Member
Jul 20, 2021
Oneanta
Awesome pics! I let this guy walk after his antler was knocked off. Hoping he's around again this year (or whatever did this to him).

Attachments

• 20220203_094807.jpg
    20220203_094807.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 7

tristan.guffey

Established Member
May 18, 2023
Wetumpka

Well it wasn't a black panther but no doubt I saw a mountain lion in Section AL probably 20 years ago. 50 yards away in the wide open woods. Plenty of black bears up there at Skyline and Little River too.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I’ve never seen a panther or cougar in Alabama but got a clear view of the back half of a large black panther near lake Kissimmee a number of years ago while hunting. Was closer than I would have liked it to be.

Never seen one anywhere in Alabama nor tracks but it wouldn’t surprise me. There are definitely bears in north Alabama as I’ve seen more than one track that was perfect for a black bear.

Unfortunately no Bigfoot either