What’s the Handgun (or other arm) That You’ve Tried Repeatedly to Embrace (OP Update re: Browning Hi Power on page 2)

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
I know exactly what your talking about!
(I committed on this thread earlier) I recently tried several Gen 5 Glock models and was surprised at how
Much! Better this Trigger is. Still, the
XDM Elite , SW M&P 2.0 & Sig M17 have very good SF Triggers .
Try the SRA USA Triggers they are very smooth and are made in a NATO Approved plant in Turkey .

Thesurfmurf

Established Member
Mar 12, 2022
Priceville
I have a S&W M&P full size 45 that I hated because I hate the stock jointed trigger. I decided to spend a little money and replace the stock trigger with a new aluminum APEX trigger. I love the trigger now but still can’t get with the pistol it just sits in the safe I need to sell it!

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Glock. Just don't fit my hands, points high and the trigger stinks. I have owned half a dozen and own a G26 that I will never part with but..........................

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Stumpy, Don’t feel alone !
The first 4 Gens.,,,,,,,,,,,I don’t understand,
Why they are/were so popular ?

That’s Okay, I’ve been there, too!
The Newest 5th Gen., is much smoother!! Wish they had ,an Option, of a Manual Safety! Simple Option! I might buy and keep one then.

Last edited:

Moose

Established Member
Apr 19, 2022
Huntsville
The Beretta 92, I've owned a couple and was issued several. I managed to shoot them, but it was never natural.

For rifles I've owned several Mannlicher-Schoenauers. Beautiful rifles, but never could get used to them.

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
thanks 4certin. I guess the H&Ks ruined me. Matter of fact I'm selling the 34 today along with a Walther p22. The H&K's fits my hand so much better.

lowsky

Established Member
Apr 20, 2022
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personally for me, it is the Beretta 92. I've had one and tried over and over to like it - after all, its a classic! But it just doesn't work for me. Never was able to really embrace it and enjoy shooting it.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Just reporting back in here that, um…Browning Hi-Power number FIVE will be on its way to me soon. I’ve just got a feeling about this one, I tell ya…fifth time’s a charm, right?

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Re: the fabled Browning Hi Power - as noted above, my fifth BHP arrived recently (I’ve sold / traded every prior edition away) and, amazingly, it WORKS perfectly for me.

This one is a ‘90s vintage said to have been worked-on by Novak’s Inc. Neither I nor the seller (an out-of-state gunsmith with whom I’ve done quite a bit of business and whose guidance I trust) can definitively prove the Novak’s lineage; however, having owned a Novak’s BHP prior, I can say that some of their signature moves are present on this gun, a MkIII.

The gun was well-used and also well-cared-for along its life. I changed the grips to Hogue G10s and installed a fresh recoil spring and headed to the range - I was SO pleased with the results. I’ve put around 500 rounds through this one so far.

This gun will soon be carried, Lord willing - the seller also had some Milt Sparks gunleather in-stock and I grabbed some of that along with the gun.

My targets at 10 yards, 2- and 3-shot strings from low-ready with reloads (only) from concealment will not impress many, but did impress me haha as I’ve not garnered such results from my prior BHPs.

All this to say…maybe the gun that one struggles with needs another chance, sometimes, perhaps…

1658182625963.jpeg

1658182820924.jpeg

1658182907337.jpeg

1658182950394.jpeg

Attachments

• 1658183041342.jpeg
    1658183041342.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0