Target Sports USA

Industry Partner
Nov 22, 2022
Unlocking Safety – Exploring Biometric Gun Technology

rkflorey

Established Member
Jul 28, 2023
AL
Whenever these get rolled out with great fanfare as the cure to all of the lefts problems they fail.
I had access to three different versions of "Smart guns " and several holsters. The makers claimed they were safe and reliable. In all cases they turned out to be neither. The guns failed to recognize the "authorized user" or allowed anyone to use them. The holsters wouldn't allow anyone to unholster the weapon or let anyone get it.
None of those weapons or holsters are being sold because all of the companies fell apart.
Until a smart gun is 99% reliable and notany larger than current guns they will go nowhere.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Exactly, they're a liberal pipe dream. We don't have "smart" user recognition technology on any other type of dangerous tool either because it's an eminently stupid idea to hard limit the use of a tool to a single owner.

FatDog

Established Member
Oct 24, 2023
Birmingham, AL
In my dreams smart guns work. I also dream that gun owners would protect their firearms by either having them on their person or in a safe. Instead guns are regularly stolen from cars and homes that have unsecured storage.

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama
We do not need smart guns we only need smart gun owners..... You better hope they never perfect what is called a smart gun, If they do the left will say OK you can have a gun but it has to be one of these. I am not infringing on your constitutional right to have a gun, I'm just going to outlaw all guns except smart guns. Like I said we do not need smart guns,

Mike C.

Established Member
May 1, 2023
Huntsville, AL
We do not need smart guns we only need smart gun owners..... You better hope they never perfect what is called a smart gun, If they do the left will say OK you can have a gun but it has to be one of these. I am not infringing on your constitutional right to have a gun, I'm just going to outlaw all guns except smart guns. Like I said we do not need smart guns,
Ah, yes, the NJ solution. The law used to be that, sone time after a smart gun was commercially available, only smart guns could be sold.

NJ finally backed off, because the death threats smart gun developers were getting impeded development. How much you wanna bet they'll put it back in place once they exist?

Anyway, I'll be interested once the cops and military use them.