What do y’all think of Armslist?

AK473391

Established Member
Feb 2, 2022
Athens, AL
Armslist going downhill is the reason I'm on this forum. So far I love this site!

Griz375

Established Member
Feb 15, 2021
W TN, 38105
Hello everyone,
New member here. Would anyone be willing to share their experience selling guns on armslist?

Wondering how much interest it would generate now that you need a login to post and see pricing. Also, wondering how many of the people on there are scammers.

I used to trade guns and ammo all the time on Facebook but it’s been a while. I’m not sure the best way to go about it now.
The $6-8/mo might be OK if they provided better search options (like miles radius from ZIP) and did something to filter out scammers. I reported about 16+ scamms in a 3-4 month period. At that time there was no apparent account vetting or transaction rating system so I quit going there; no real loss.

garndawg

Established Member
Dec 7, 2021
Owens Cross Roads
Armslist was great for awhile, then with all the excuses for why they need this'n'that it got to the point of being unusable. The last straw for me was the 'can't see anything on the listings without paying up' bit...

Black-Guns

Premium Member
May 26, 2022
Prattville Alabama
I used ARMSLIST for years. The problem now is that ARMSLIST only wants a visitor to see Vendor listings. If you go on as a visitor, you need to change the settings to allow you to see private party listings or your missing some of the best deals. Obviously, face to face local sales and purchases in a secure area, like a local police station parking lot eliminate most if not all stupid crap.

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Hello everyone,
New member here. Would anyone be willing to share their experience selling guns on armslist?

Wondering how much interest it would generate now that you need a login to post and see pricing. Also, wondering how many of the people on there are scammers.

I used to trade guns and ammo all the time on Facebook but it’s been a while. I’m not sure the best way to go abou

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Count me in as having enjoyed Armslist, in the past! I am still using Armslist, but just yesterday got several questions from a “person” that wanted to send me Certified Funds , WOW !! Imagine that ?
I referred IT to my wording in the Ad that clearly said,,,,,,,
“No Shipping”, this means, even in Alabama!
I can certainly say the Number of Ads have dropped- far below from just 1-2 years ago!
So, be careful !

CBG

Established Member
Apr 23, 2021
Hoover, AL
Tried selling on ArmsList a few years ago. It always seemed flakey. I decided that it was a waste of time. You can usually tell the seriousness of the seller by the quality of the pictures. A quick snapshot from his i-Phone while on a crack-high tells you a lot. It would be wonderful if AGF had a "search" feature to help sort out the firearms for sale. Eventually, AGF should charge for "advertising" as it would help the seller and buyer and improve the service. Remember - you get what you pay for and paying a fee for local sales would be tremendous - no shipping, no tax and no GunBroker fees.

wardamneagle

Established Member
Nov 7, 2022
Auburn
Just like a lot of people, Armslist and GunBroker are awful, that's what led me here, hopefully to sell a few guns and maybe even find one. Hopefully

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
There are tons of scams everywhere you look nowadays. Just do your due diligence. Some of the best deals around are on Armslist. YMMV.
I agree, no matter where you are there is going to be a Scammer! Whether a Must Pay Site or a Site like AGF where You decide........There are Always going to be bad apples in every barrel!
I had been on Armslist for many years and you just have to be careful-wherever you are!! I stopped subscribing a couple of months ago.
Just don’t give out your cell number unless you feel safe with that Person! Is my advise!
Great discussion here - one of the things I like about AGF!
Stay Safe!
FT

jeffalgol

Established Member
Jan 14, 2023
Bessemer
Years ago long before the whole paid subscription thing it was pretty decent but I wouldn't use it now and I don't believe it will ever come back to what is was so to speak.

lvl-up

Established Member
Feb 25, 2023
Ft Rucker
Hello everyone,

I used to trade guns and ammo all the time on Facebook but it’s been a while. I’m not sure the best way to go about it now.
I have a friend that used it all the time and loved it. There's a fee now which is why I came here

4l65e

Established Member
Apr 30, 2023
Alabama
I used to use it before the owners ran it into the ground. I can't believe anyone would use that aids infested site anymore.

This site has much more potential, the forum format is just better for classifieds.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
I used to use it before the owners ran it into the ground. I can't believe anyone would use that aids infested site anymore.

This site has much more potential, the forum format is just better for classifieds.

I'll usually list a gun here and on Armslist...my success rate for sales is generally 5 to 1 in favor of AL versus here. And while I still get ridiculous lowball cash offers on AL, I don't get constant trade offers of chainsaws, blackpowder, john boats, jet-skis, or "an X-Box, and like...50 games" like I do here.