What would you buy for a young lady to shoot as far as a shotgun.

OldScool.22

Established Member
Jan 28, 2022
Mobile Alabama
Speaking of the Beretta the Beretta AL1, AL2 , 101 ,102 & 103 are all basically the same gun many parts are interchangeable also the Browning B 80

CrazyBoykin

Established Member
Mar 11, 2022
Madison County
I picked up my daughter a Remington Model 870 Express Youth model in 20 gauge with an 18 inch barrel a few years ago and it works well for her.

Now that she's grown some, she's going to move up to my wife's old Remington Model 1100 LT 20 with a 26 inch barrel.

Glassman256

Established Member
Jul 27, 2020
Sylacauga Alabama
Look at a 20 ga. In a tri star..it uses any benelli chokes and is a light gun doesnt kick much ,my opinion it would be a good investment for a young lady to shoot

DuaneW

Established Member
Jun 1, 2021
Talladega County
Maybe the 1100s
What would you buy for a young lady to shoot as far as a shotgun. Looking under a 1000 per gun. Best for the money. Over and under or semi-auto for clays
I would buy a Beretta A300 in 20 gauge or 12 gauge. One of the very best shotguns you can buy and they have some of the lightest recoil. I’m in a sporting clay shooting group and I recently bought an A300 because one of our members has shot over 10,000 rounds through his with zero failures, I mean none at all. I was surprised at the low recoil after I shot mine.

Beastmaker

Established Member
Nov 27, 2022
Tuscaloosa
What would you buy for a young lady to shoot as far as a shotgun. Looking under a 1000 per gun. Best for the money. Over and under or semi-auto for clays
I see this is an old thread, what did you end up picking? I have a Yildiz 410 and I like it a lot. Looks good and easy to use. If my daughter got into sporting clays I'd get a Yildiz 20g for her.

holographicgt

Established Member
Mar 7, 2023
Sylacauga
I really liked the browning semi autos. 20 gauge would be great for a smaller framed person. I had the silver and it was a really easy shooting shotgun in 12 gauge. In 20 gauge you could shoot all day without worrying about the shoulders.

RedRidge

Jun 1, 2023
Enterprise
28 guage can be found much more these days then I recall. Perhaps something to look into. I’m going to buy mine a over under most likely. Be weary of too light of a shotgun. Some light weight 20g still have some bite to a smaller framed shooter. My .02

PDren000

Established Member
Oct 17, 2019
Troy/Brundidge
As some others have said, I'd recommend sticking with 12 gauge and buying low-recoil loads or minishells (if recoil is an issue) or getting a nice semi-auto that eats up the recoil. I've heard good things about the Beretta A300, but haven't handled one personally.

BigFish

Established Member
Jul 1, 2023
I think the 20 gauge because smaller load and lighter overall weight would be more manageable and fun for a young lady unless she is hefty and can handle something bigger. Might just let her try a few different kinds and see what she likes

Arms_Agent

Established Member
May 8, 2017
HSV we ship

Mossberg Youth All-Purpose Field Bantam 20 Gauge Semiautomatic Shotgun.​

SKU: 114099740
ITEM: 75770
Offering a lightweight, balanced feel, the Mossberg Youth All-Purpose Field Bantam 20 Gauge Semiautomatic Shotgun boasts a 24-inch blued, vent-rib barrel, a synthetic stock and a bead sight on the front. This wingshooter also features a gas-operated system with excess-gas venting and includes a set of 5 chokes.

Features and Benefits​

• Semiautomatic action with a 5-round capacity
  • 24-inch vent-rib barrel with a blued finish
  • Synthetic stock
  • Front bead sight
  • Gas-operated system with excess-gas venting
  • Includes a 5-choke set

Specifications​

• Action: Semiautomatic
  • Metal finish: Blued
  • Product weight: 5.5 pounds
  • Activity: Hunting
  • Length of pull (in.): 13
  • Barrel length (in.): 24
  • Handedness: Right
  • Type: Semiautomatic
  • Product Type: Shotgun
  • Product weight (lb.): 7.13
  • Cylinder capacity: 5
  • Product length (in.): 43.5
  • Front sight: Bead
  • Chamber length (in.): 3
  • Stock: Synthetic

https://www.academy.com/p/mossberg-youth-all-purpose-field-bantam-20-gauge-semiautomatic-shotgun

20037232.jpg