Whats some of your favorite netflix shows?

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
Looking for something really good to watch on Netflix. I'd love to hear some suggestions.

And since I'm asking for yalls suggestions I'll make it an even trade and make a couple of my own.

Love death and robots:
An anthology of shorts that vary greatly in style and subject matter. You're going to love at least a couple of episodes. On a side note, don't let the first episode fool you. Some of these shorts are not child friendly.

Derry girls and the it crowd: two comedy shows, one Irish and one British. You'll just have to try each one. Youll either love them or hate them.

Bojack Horseman:
This is the Netflix masterpiece that youve probably scrolled past without a 2nd thought. On the surface, this looks like another animated comedy show to be grouped with family guy or American dad but it's much more. The best thing I've seen it compared to is mash. You have comedy but then it gets deep. The more you watch, the more the comedy becomes relief rather than the main focus of the show.

Watership down:
Netflix adaptation of the book. The cgi isn't top of the line, but the story is solid.

Samurai gourmet:
A show for when you want to read subtitles and watch a Japanese man eat. I know that sounds weird but it's a pretty good show that brings joy.

Alright, i think that's enough. Let's hear yalls suggestions. Also feel free to weigh in on mine.

Last edited:

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
I will check them out. I just left HughesNet after 10yrs of paying $75 at first for 10GB to $140 for 25GB at the end. Couldn't watch movies and could hardly watch a youtube video without buffering. They sucked but only option in BFE until ATT came through with this wireless cell option with a router. Now we can watch 3 movies at the same time n different rooms. $50mo for 350GB and $10 for every 50GB over and unused rolls over. Just in case anybody else has that Gen 5 HughesNet BS check out ATT Wireless and give Hughes their Vaseline back

Zero

Established Member
Sep 6, 2020
Madison County
I gave up on Netflix Originals because they just end up canceling them halfway through the plots anyways. My favorite one though is probably Castlevania, even though it’s animated it’s not a kids show so keep that in mind.

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
I gave up on Netflix Originals because they just end up canceling them halfway through the plots anyways. My favorite one though is probably Castlevania, even though it’s animated it’s not a kids show so keep that in mind.
I watched the first season then forgot all about it. I'm bad about doing that with Netflix shows, even the really good ones. The first season was great. I'll have to get caught up.

Caballero2

Established Member
May 13, 2017
Helena,AL
Hands down it would have to be Peaky Blinders. Their British accent is so thick I watch with the subtitles on, that way you don’t miss anything.

Hpgc

Established Member
May 27, 2019
NE Alabama
Any of the Harlan Coben series. As drama/thriller, like Stay Close, it holds interest with twists and turns. They are one season series. It's easy to get into and then be done with it.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
While no longer in production, Netflix took on the “Longmire” franchise after A&E cancelled it. Ignore the gun-handling on the show haha, it’s still pretty good…that said, the book series the show is based upon is even better.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
Making a Murderer
Holy cow! You have to watch this! (Well you don't have too) Absolutely insane! Will have you hooked and drive you crazy!
I told my best friend and he says "I don't watch docu series, I'm not into that stuff".
I told him to just try the first episode and I won't ask again. He started Saturday late morning and binge watch to completion on Sunday evening. Mind you there are 20 episodes around an hour each.