Whats up with ads now?

ron1948

Established Member
Nov 6, 2021
Talladega, Alabama
I noticed this subtle "movement" long before a name for it was coined. It first became apparent to me on supposedly harmless children's' shows that my kids watched on Nickelodeon and Disney. How long ago you ask? Well, my youngest is 30. After watching some of them with my kids, I pointed out to my wife that they always made the adults on the shows appear to be idiotic fools and the kids were always "in charge". Your right, there is so much subliminal messaging in all advertisements. Folks do not realize just how much power television and the media in general has in molding the mindset of the entire population. This is being accelerated by the fact kids as young as 3-4 are given I-Pads with Internet capability. Moms and Dads are so busy with their "own" lives that they allow these devices to do much of the parenting. As I said, they started out with the children as is the case in every power grab. It has been gradual but recently they have put it in high gear and now they are moving on to everyone. They are changing history (how do you actually change history) and are making normal what has always been considered abnormal. An "anything goes" society. I am 73 years old and looking at Heaven's Gate so it will not affect me much, but I do fear for my children's future.