Gun shows-how do they work

gumboman

Established Member
Apr 28, 2024
Alabama
I'm interested in attending a gun show with the purpose of selling some fire arms. But I don't know how they work.
Does one simply walk in to a show with a gun and try to sell it?
Who can buy at a gun show? Is it only the vendors who buy booth or table space?
If I find a buyer are there FFL services there to complete a legal fire arms transfer and sale transaction?
Do buyers/vendors in general offer fair prices or do they low ball like pawn shop prices? Not sure if I should expect to get only low offers.

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
No , you need to be an FFL holder to sell to the public. If you want to sell firearms privately, the place to do that would be forums like this or even via bulletin boards at your gun club.

Ellis

Apr 5, 2024
Warrior Al.
I'm interested in attending a gun show with the purpose of selling some fire arms. But I don't know how they work.
If I find a buyer are there FFL services there to complete a legal fire arms transfer and sale transaction?
Do buyers/vendors in general offer fair prices or do they low ball like pawn shop prices? Not sure if I should expect to get only low offers.
Rent a table and you can sale private firearms until the so called gun show loophole law takes effect

cajunuahfan

Established Member
Oct 2, 2023
Etowah County
I'm fairly new to Alabama. In Tennessee you had guys typically lined up on an empty wall with a gun or two to sell. You would also see them walking around with a gun for sale sign. I'm sure that will also change with the so called gun show loophole law.

Shootist00

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
As far as I know there is no restriction from selling a gun outside of a gun show. Make a board to wear and be on the outside of the entrance .
You could also sell to one of the dealers in the show but you won't get as much as selling privately. Just make up a bill of sale and make sure the person u are selling to is from Alabama . That is if u are from Alabama and the show is in Alabama.

J G BEAVERS

Established Member
Jan 22, 2022
Not sure about any new loop hole laws that are coming but I've sold a few at gun shows in alabama and mississippi. Long guns only in mississippi. I just purchased a browning 1885 from a personal collection table at a gun show in Jackson Mississippi. I see people all the time at gun shows walking around with firearms for sale that are not dealers. Make you a small flag with large print and affix it to the barrel and simply walk around the gun show with gun on your shoulder. It will sell.