AL Permitless Carry Misinformation

hh4whiskey

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Union Grove
I believe, private property without permission. You can't go to your buddy's house carrying without his consent if you don't have a permit. At least, that is my understanding.
As of January 1, 2023, Alabama no longer requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun or in a vehicle. However, you still need the property owner's consent to carry a concealed weapon on private property that is not owned or under your control. If you don't comply, police may be called and you may be charged with trespassing.
My understanding from the original law is: unless the private property is considered a ‘Class B Facility’ (entry control measures in place), you can enter carrying concealed, WITH a CCW PERMIT. IF it’s revealed you are carrying concealed on private property and the owner doesn’t want you there armed, they can then ask you to leave and trespass laws apply. A private business can’t just put a sign on the door and bar CCW permit carriers from entering while carrying CONCEALED. As you indicated, It DOES apply to open carry and non-permit concealed carry.

Again: just based upon my understanding as written/explained, and indicates difference between carrying on AL NG bases and school grounds, but not INSIDE those facilities, AND why Mary Snowflake can’t keep you out of her coffee shop, even if she lives in the basement.

BeardedNative

Established Member
Oct 24, 2022
Cullman,AL
I believe, private property without permission. You can't go to your buddy's house carrying without his consent if you don't have a permit. At least, that is my understanding.
As of January 1, 2023, Alabama no longer requires a permit to carry a concealed handgun or in a vehicle. However, you still need the property owner's consent to carry a concealed weapon on private property that is not owned or under your control. If you don't comply, police may be called and you may be charged with trespassing.
Just a bit of info. You must first be "Trespassed" from a property by Law Enforcement before you can be charged with Trespassing. Once the order has been issued and you served with the order,only then can you be charged with Trespassing.