Daewoo AR-100 Restoration Help needed

erebos

Established Member
Sep 4, 2023
Montgomery, AL
Recently inherited a Daewoo AR-100. It had been stored in a safe in a cloth gun case for some time and although the safe had a dehumidifier rod, apparently the end of the case had become moist and rusted the end of the barrel. Any advice on restoration options or 1st steps to determine best options would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16

Shocker

Established Member
Mar 26, 2023
Bibb Co
The good news, OP. I have more experience building, rebuilding, modifying and restoring Woos than probably anyone in the country..

The bad news. It takes some effort and special tooling that I no longer have, having closed up daewoorifleparts almost 7 years ago.

It can be fixed but the barrel must be removed, plugged, gently bead blasted and parkerized. Then the barrel has to be reinstalled. Properly.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number and I can tell you what all is involved. The bore is chromed lined so it shouldn't have suffered any damage.

Shocker

Established Member
Mar 26, 2023
Bibb Co
Recently inherited a Daewoo AR-100. It had been stored in a safe in a cloth gun case for some time and although the safe had a dehumidifier rod, apparently the end of the case had become moist and rusted the end of the barrel. Any advice on restoration options or 1st steps to determine best options would be appreciated.
PMs sent.