Flags at half mast constantly

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
Has anyone else noticed over the past few years that the flag is at half mast like once a week? I have no idea why 99.9% of the time. Wasn't half mast suposed to be reserved for major (pearl harbor, 9/11, dead president MAJOR major) events?

Kowpot1

Established Member
Apr 28, 2021
Dothan, Al
Has anyone else noticed over the past few years that the flag is at half mast like once a week? I have no idea why 99.9% of the time. Wasn't half mast suposed to be reserved for major (pearl harbor, 9/11, dead president MAJOR major) events?
It is my understanding it is for the 500,000 that died from Covid-19

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
lay off cnn the economy was booming
There's more to a nation than an economy. I mean, was he "repairing" gun control? No, he perpetuated it by banning bumpstocks.

I use the gun control example since you're on a gun forum and probably care about those freedoms. From ronald "no one needs an ak47" reagan to donald "gimme them bumpstocks" trump, the Rs move gun control foward just like the Ds do.

Let's run down a list of similarities off the top of my head between trump and biden.

Kids in cages: trump & biden

Prohibition: trump & biden

Move foward on gun control: trump & biden

Continuation of forever wars: trump & biden

Want to decrease size of government: neither

government Healthcare: trump & biden

Welfare: trump & biden

Last edited:

darkside4125

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
huntsville alabama
kids in cages im ok with
dont come to our country illegally
continuation of wars? he pulled troops out best he could and signed peace treatys between middle east countries he also calmed nk down

he decreased government a bit and he got rid of alot of red tape also passed a bill requiring every new regulation to remove 2 old ones

trump didnt pass government healthcare or expand wellfare other then the stimulus for covid
sorry bud avoid cnn

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
kids in cages im ok with
continuation of wars? he pulled troops out best he could and signed peace treatys between middle east countries he also calmed nk down

he decreased government a bit and he got rid of alot of red tape also passed a bill requiring every new regulation to remove 2 old ones

trump didnt pass government healthcare or expand wellfare other then the stimulus for covid
sorry bud avoid cnn

Of course you're OK with kids in cages...

We still have troops all over the place. The only peace deal I'm aware of is the one with the taliban, The one he set to be fulfilled after the election. Let's pretend he did actually see the deal through and that we aren't stiiiiillll in Afghanistan after the guy had 4 years to actually get us out, deal or not. Is forever war in one fewer country really enough to put someone in the olive branch category?

"He didn't pass government healthcare"

He didnt try to get it gone either. I'm sure you remember the whole "repeal and replace" phrase that got used so much. He was pro government healthcare, he just wanted his own version to replace his predecessor's.

He didn't expand wellfare, except for the welfare that used covid as an excuse. I'll buy that, but did he take any steps to reduce or eliminate welfare in any real way? No? Then that must mean he, like biden, supports welfare.

Rubicon

Established Member
Dec 28, 2020
North Alabama
kids in cages im ok with

sorry bud avoid cnn
You seem to have accepted that trump is pro gun control. I cant believe you're still a fan.

Last edited:

darkside4125

Established Member
Oct 25, 2020
huntsville alabama
Of course you're OK with kids in cages...

We still have troops all over the place. The only peace deal I'm aware of is the one with the taliban, The one he set to be fulfilled after the election. Let's pretend he did actually see the deal through and that we aren't stiiiiillll in Afghanistan after the guy had 4 years to actually get us out, deal or not. Is forever war in one fewer country really enough to put someone in the olive branch category?

"He didn't pass government healthcare"

He didnt try to get it gone either. I'm sure you remember the whole "repeal and replace" phrase that got used so much. He was pro government healthcare, he just wanted his own version to replace his predecessor's.

He didn't expand wellfare, except for the welfare that used covid as an excuse. I'll buy that, but did he take any steps to reduce or eliminate welfare in any real way? No? Then that must mean he, like biden, supports welfare.
he did try paul ryan was a piece of shit are you that dumb? do you not know how stuff works? congress then senate then bill on pres desk

he tried to remove

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
I appreciate a civil debate. Thank both of you for being respectful and making valid points and being an example for others on this forum on disagreeing respectfully.
Thanks again!