Get Home Bag Contents

Licensed.Troubleshooter

Established Member
Mar 1, 2024
Wetumpka
Hey guys. I am always trying to adjust what I keep on me, and in my vehicle. Where I work is 33 miles from my home, so walking at a standard pace of 3 miles an hour, I would have an 11 hour walk if I didn't stop. I think I have a lot of the basics covered, but I wanted to see what you guys keep in your Get Home Bag.

scooter

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2022
Lamar County
I agree, I don't carry a bug-out-bag, I carry a get-home-bag, because home is where everything is,

2- MRE'S, protein bars, snacks, granola bars, camelback, walking shoes, I change out clothing based on time of year, socks, skivvies, foil blanket, Firestarter, zippo with small bottle of fluid, water straw, TP, dude wipes, quality knife and sharpener, box of spare ammo, open carry holster, "I want people to know that I'm not a target'', duct tape, e-tape, cable ties, paracord, tie wire, couple of small flares, compass, small first aid pack, drug pack IE: Visine, aspirin, NSAID's, and spare meds if you are on them, last year's eyeglasses if you wear them, hip flask, cash I only carry and pay in cash if things go sideways the credit cards in your wallet are useless, if you think it's only 11 hours, and SHTF, plan on 2 days to make the trek.
I'm glad that you are thinking ahead, and not behind.