Go to holster brand

jimmy2-guns

Established Member
Aug 3, 2021
Enterprise
i like a good hybrid, kydex on the outside, leather on the inside. picked up a cheap on off ebay for a sig 229 full size, really comfortable and holds in place

American Patriot

American Patriot
Army
May 8, 2021
Hoover
Bullards Leather in Texas! Awesome work!

They're more expensive, but hand made in USA; made to order for the most part. Awesome people too. Reminds me of how business use to be conducted in America.

I just order a belt slide holster for my H&K P30, a belt, and a double mag pouch from them. I had all of the leather butten tucked too.

#buyamerican

American Patriot

American Patriot
Army
May 8, 2021
Hoover
Nice workmanship! Not a huge person for carrying 1911's, but do you at least have one to stick in it and take a picture? Haha!
No sir that's the only pistol (H&K P30 40 cal) I own. The holsters are actually molded to the particular firearm. I'm a long range type of guy; if I need a pistol I've made a bad decision somewhere along the lines. I do have one midrange (800 and in) rifle as well though.

SouthernGunner13

Established Member
Feb 8, 2021
One of these years maybe we can meet up and you can teach me a few things about shooting long range. I have a Christensen Arms 300prc I haven't even pulled the trigger on. I know, shameful... Haha life happens!

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
I’ve had good success with an assortment of Milt Sparks holsters. Got my start with them finding used ones online, and have since ordered some new. It can be a wait for a new order (6 or so months these days) but, to me, it’s been worth it.

I don’t use Sparks exclusively, but I use their products a lot.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Piggy-backing on my post above, a bit of a “Longmire-y” pose with a Colt 1911 and Sparks gear: their 55BN holster and S4C magazine pouch.

1630200016626.jpeg

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
One of my favorite Sparks holsters, their Roadrunner OWB. This one rides high and very forward-canted. S4C magazine pouch also shown.

1630200166382.jpeg

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
For a quality kydex holster, I like Dark Star Gear or JM Custom Kydex. If you carry AIWB specifically, I hear great things about T.Rex Arms' new Sidecar holster and Tier 1 Concealed. I haven't tried T.Rex Arms or T1Concealed myself yet, but I'm working my way there once I figure if I want a light on my pistol or not.

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Chiming back in on this one. While I prefer Milt Sparks and Rafter-L / Erik Little for IWB options for semi-autos, I’m a huge fan of Barranti Leather’s Summer Classic for IWB carry of revolvers. They ride high and feature an adjustable cant that I position for a “forward-cant” presentation.

1654290669406.jpeg

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
I love leather but ive been using vedder belts and holsters really good customer service kydex mainly but like 1791 and versa carry

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale
For the past four years or so Tier 1 was my go to for IWB and is still a brand I highly recommend. I ran them through about a dozen training courses, several thousand rounds, and the rigors of day to day life. I think they make the best AIWB sidecar holsters, full stop. However, for the past four months I hopped on the Phlster Enigma hype train and I seriously don’t see myself every carrying in a traditional AIWB rig again. For the foreseeable future the Phlster Enigma is my number one recommendation for a carry rig.