Greetings From Northport

cutt

Established Member
Jul 11, 2020
st.clair county
And fishing,hiking,golf,swimming and the archery range I mentioned above. For a outdoorsman or family man there is plenty to do. And a lot of places there for picnics and bar-b-queing. Check them out. I think its $2.00 a head for a day pass.

Jim Chatham

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Northport
Just came upon ur post,I too live in Northport but far from the town,if u looking for a bow range there is a outside range at PARA facility off Malasham Parkway, Blvd something like that, between hiway 82 & 43,supposed to be nice, elevated tower,never crowded & free to the public.

BlackTemplar

Established Member
Dec 29, 2022
Northport
I appreciate all the help and suggestions. Look forward to checking out these places and getting back into practice. Anyone have any recommendations on fishing stores that will give you the lowdown on what setups work around here?

Beastmaker

Established Member
Nov 27, 2022
Tuscaloosa
Not into fishing myself. But a guy at church was a successful pro fisherman. I'm sure he'll give you all the info you need. Carrol Creek baptist, north of Northport on hwy 69, come and I'll hook ya up ;⁠-⁠)

alan.thurber1993

Established Member
Jan 1, 2022
Marion, AL
Simmons in Bessemer is a cool gun/fishing store.

We have a range down here in Marion, Al if you ever wanna shoot guns/bows with someone (bout an hour away and I love doing both and I have kids too.) I shoot bows in my yard down here mostly.

Got a private fishing spot too for your kiddos.

We go to the highlands church and would love for you to join us. There is a cool playground/park right beside it and a couple in the area.

I know all the good camping/hiking spots as well if you struggle finding them.

Bullock1

Established Member
Oct 7, 2022
Auburn
Hello all, new member moving to Northport next weekend. Will be my first time in Alabama and the South in general. I have moved around on the West Coast and Rockies and moving for my wife’s work/school. Managed to get a nice rental lined up and leaving out here in Oregon (commie-ville) next Friday. Moving my little family about 4 days drive away from anyone I’ve ever known so that will be an experience for sure. We have a two year contract in Tuscaloosa and will be finding our forever home after that. I am interested in fishing, hiking, and archery.

I have 28 positive feedback on my old forum (NorthwestFirearms) I can link if anyone needs feedback for me to get started on here.

Looking for places to fish and shoot my compound bow, advice on good stores in the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area and day trips for me and my daughter since I am a stay at home dad.
Welcome