Hey y’all from the bottom of the state

SandyShooter

Established Member
Aug 13, 2022
Gulf Coast
Thanks for letting me in, I’m glad to find an Alabama focused board.
I’m down here in Baldwin County. Recently retired from a career in law enforcement and critical infrastructure security
I have a wide range of interests in firearms, as I am sure many of you do as well.
At at different times in my career I have been a NRA LE Firearms instructor; police chem weapons and OC instructor as well as SCUBA, SLAM Scuba Lifesaving & Accident Management, CPR, First Aid, O2, AED.
Currently I am a Stop the Bleed instructor and ambassador as well as an ALICE (taught in ALA schools) CRASE (civilian response to active shooter events)
Prior to 9/11 I did a little writing for some of the police publications and I am starting to explore that again.
Sorry for such a long introduction but hopefully will explain in advance why I ask some of the questions I do.

BUBBQ

Jul 6, 2022
I also recently retired and moved to Baldwin County. I was spoiled by long distance range in Mid-TN, and desperately searching for bench rest, long distance precision shooting. Still a member of Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill but too far for a day-at-the-range.

Suggestions are appreciated.

SandyShooter

Established Member
Aug 13, 2022
Gulf Coast
Are you familiar with the Pig Farm Gun Range? Not at distances you’re familiar with, I think that they have a 400 yard range. You probably already know that 3 Brothers has a 300 yard range?
There’s a 1000 yard range over in Mississippi but I have not shot on it

edtalabama

Established Member
Apr 8, 2022
gulf shores
I also recently retired and moved to Baldwin County. I was spoiled by long distance range in Mid-TN, and desperately searching for bench rest, long distance precision shooting. Still a member of Strategic Edge in Chapel Hill but too far for a day-at-the-range.

Now that's what I call a range. Does anyone know of anything close to a range like this in Baldwin co? Looking for a range that has up to a 1000 yard range. Thanks.

ElusiveX

Established Member
Sep 8, 2022
Perdido, AL
I know there was a range in Mississippi that shot 1000 yard competitions but I haven’t heard anything about them lately. I’ve never been there.

ElusiveX

Established Member
Sep 8, 2022
Perdido, AL

TN has some nice ranges!

SandyShooter

Established Member
Aug 13, 2022
Gulf Coast
There’s (or was, pre pandemic) one in Pascagoula. I don’t have any information but a call to a local gun shop probably would. There’s a shop and range on Hwy 98 before you get to Lucedale.

Fritz53

Veteran
Aug 15, 2021
Atmore

Check out Silver Creek range over in Mobile Co. you can find out more info from the owner that owns Stone Arms out on Airport Blvd Mobile. ( he is former law enforcement also).

SandyShooter

Established Member
Aug 13, 2022
Gulf Coast
Check out Silver Creek range over in Mobile Co. you can find out more info from the owner that owns Stone Arms out on Airport Blvd Mobile. ( he is former law enforcement also).
I forgot all about that range, thanks