Hunting Stand Safety

ron1948

Established Member
Nov 6, 2021
Talladega, Alabama
All you guys be sure to use all safety measures when hunting from elevated stands; fixed, ladder, hang-on, or climbing. Don't think it can't happen to you.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Absolutely. I had a bit of a scare yesterday trying to climb up into an old shooting house when one of the rungs on the wooden ladder broke under me; wood was more rotten than it looked. Luckily I hadn't made it up very far yet so I just stepped back down.

ron1948

Established Member
Nov 6, 2021
Talladega, Alabama
Glad you weren't injured. My bro-in-law (hunting and fishing bud for almost 60 years) has a couple of shooting houses that are approaching 30 years of age. One that my 80 year old (soon to be 81) sister uses has been drilled full of holes by burrowing bumble bees. It is only about 8 feet high but I fear it is going to give-way with her one day. Maybe she will quit hunting soon. Who am I kidding...she will never stop. Out of my father's 8 kids, she and I are the only two that carried on his passion for the outdoors. We both were his "gun bearers" when we were too little to have our own guns. Here she is with her gobbler from last Spring.

Attachments

• IMG_1275.JPG
    IMG_1275.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 3