Nu Finish tumbling

Shootist00

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
Just posted this in another thread.
You can thin nu finish with lacquer thinner.
Works real well and costs less than the so called brass polishing product.

NotEnufGarage

Established Member
Oct 21, 2019
Huntsville, AL
No need to thin it. Just add a cap full to your tumbling media.

I usually tumble in walnut shells for an hour or two to clean before decapping and trimming then tumble in corn media with NuFinish for an hour or two to remove lube and polish after loading. Finished rounds come out bright and shiny. Handle with cotton or nitrile gloves to prevent fingerprint staining.

Shootist00

Established Member
Aug 31, 2023
No need to thin it. Just add a cap full to your tumbling media.

I usually tumble in walnut shells for an hour or two to clean before decapping and trimming then tumble in corn media with NuFinish for an hour or two to remove lube and polish after loading. Finished rounds come out bright and shiny. Handle with cotton or nitrile gloves to prevent fingerprint staining.
I find it way to thick to use without thinning. So how do you keep the bottle and cap clean with the thick standard N-F? Tried that the first time I used it and it spilt over the cap then when putting the cap back on the bottle it ran down the side of the bottle and dried making hard to get the cap off.
Thanks but I will keep thinning it.

Chikn

Established Member
Sep 2, 2023
Opp
I've used Nufinish for many years.
I've just started putting about 4 ounces of mineral spirits in with the new finish.
Much less dusty. I've got an 18lb wet/dry vibe tumbler so....adjust accordingly.
I'll run the tumbler without putting brass in for about 15 minutes to let the stuff homogenize before dumping brass in.
I'm gonna try some green buffing compound in my next new batch of media to see if it'll get the pockets a bit better.