Pistol Brace Update

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It’s not over as the above is a preliminary injunction. Will require the ATF to exit the case or a judgement to happen plus through appeal and review process.

Good news is that right now the injunction that has been issued is nationwide and prevents the atf rule from being active.

None of the above should be taken as legal advice. I’m not a lawyer nor do I play one at work.

Last edited:

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I have seen a few on gunbroker but I have not seen any braces on firearms for sale at gun shows or at gun stores.

Lee

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Birmingham
I have seen a few on gunbroker but I have not seen any braces on firearms for sale at gun shows or at gun stores.
They should be available everywhere, but companies are too CYA afraid of the bitch-ass AFT and DOJ. Some companies will sell braced items, but some won't. SB Tactical and other accessory companies will still sell braces because that's their livelihood.

I already had PI coverage as a member of FPC, GOA, SAF, and NAGR; but this covers everybody. One of the requirements of a PI is "likelihood of success on the merits" of the case.

So now for the braces...
Mount 'em if you got 'em.
I never took mine off and never will.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Kind of expected this outcome. Way too many people own these for a ban.
If the 3 letter folks would have never approved them in writing repeatedly as they did they might have had a chance in the courts although I think even that is questionable.

Maybe I’m dreaming but I believe there is a chance the entire NFA structure is challenged due to this situation.

Moose

Established Member
Apr 19, 2022
Huntsville
It would be nice if the GCA 86 was over turned. I doubt the GCA of 34 will be overturned. It would be nice. I'm still annoyed that we did pass the hearing protection act when Trump was president and the Republicans controlled Congress.

Thor

Established Member
Sep 6, 2023
Blue Ridge, AL
If the 3 letter folks would have never approved them in writing repeatedly as they did they might have had a chance in the courts although I think even that is questionable.

Maybe I’m dreaming but I believe there is a chance the entire NFA structure is challenged due to this situation.
I hope so. Aside from a good portion of it being plain stupid, I hate the wait!

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Hopefully so. What I'd really like to see (besides the entire NFA struck down) would at least be to get SBRs and SBSs off the list. When the NFA was first drafted, handguns were originally going to be on the list so SBRs and SBSs were added to keep people from chopping down rifles/shotguns into something of handgun-ish size. Since handguns were removed at the last minute, the legal reasoning for the continued inclusion of SBRs/SBSs isn't really valid (none of the NFA is, but I digress).