Stupid Idiots Got Our Range Shut Down!

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Well, thanks to some idiots, the Pell City FOP Range is permanently shut down. Why you ask? I will tell you why: Idiot associate members(members who aren't sworn police and just joined to get to use the range) most likely doing STUPID $%IT!
Jack-asses couldn't shoot into the berm that is 20-25 feet tall! No, they had to shoot over the berm WITH MEDIUM TO LARGE CALIBER RIFLES, THROUGH THE TREES AND OVER THE HILL and punch holes into and destroy a very expensive commercial, roof mounted HVAC unit about 600-800 yards away! Probably the same guy I kicked off the range about 10 years ago for shooting a 50 Cal on our 50 yard range or it could have been the guy that I kicked off the range for shooting steel at 15 yards with an AK! Or the guy that spray painted our burn barrel and used it as a target.

Same idiots that would shoot up any range equipment . We had a static car body mounted on a wheeled frame donated by a local car manufacturer that my old department used for teaching shooting around and under vehicles. *ss hats would roll it out on to range and shoot it with everything under the sun.

Just venting, now I will have to pay to shoot at the CMP Range. Thanks a lot, GOOBERS!

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Sorry to hear this, I imagine you're infuriated and probably holding back some words. It sounds like they where trying to cause trouble. This is Lighthouse Tactical? I wanted to go never had a chance to tho.. I'm sorry man sounds crazy.

Last edited:

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
Well, thanks to some idiots, the Pell City FOP Range is permanently shut down. Why you ask? I will tell you why: Idiot associate members(members who aren't sworn police and just joined to get to use the range) most likely doing STUPID $%IT!
Jack-asses couldn't shoot into the berm that is 20-25 feet tall! No, they had to shoot over the berm WITH MEDIUM TO LARGE CALIBER RIFLES, THROUGH THE TREES AND OVER THE HILL and punch holes into and destroy a very expensive commercial, roof mounted HVAC unit about 600-800 yards away! Probably the same guy I kicked off the range about 10 years ago for shooting a 50 Cal on our 50 yard range or it could have been the guy that I kicked off the range for shooting steel at 15 yards with an AK! Or the guy that spray painted our burn barrel and used it as a target.

Same idiots that would shoot up any range equipment . We had a static car body mounted on a wheeled frame donated by a local car manufacturer that my old department used for teaching shooting around and under vehicles. *ss hats would roll it out on to range and shoot it with everything under the sun.

Just venting, now I will have to pay to shoot at the CMP Range. Thanks a lot, GOOBERS!
This is the same “type” of persons who give Good Gun Owners/2nd Amend Loving Folks a Bad name. Hate to hear this. Now, the owner of the HVAC unit will spread the “Word”,,,,,,,,
Don’t blame you for Venting- that’s good to do-!

kenny1773

Established Member
Nov 28, 2018
Birmingham
There are idiots and assholes everywhere that ruin everything for decent reasonable people.

I can't even begin to tell you all the stupid things I have seen people do at shooting ranges (I will add, ranges in 4 different states)

I have more than once just quietly packed up my gear and left a range due to others being unsafe and stupid around me.

I am convinced I just need my own private range, need to buy some land.

Frank Thompson

Veteran Army & Air Force
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2017
Auburn, Al
There are idiots and assholes everywhere that ruin everything for decent reasonable people.

I can't even begin to tell you all the stupid things I have seen people do at shooting ranges (I will add, ranges in 4 different states)

I have more than once just quietly packed up my gear and left a range due to others being unsafe and stupid around me.

I am convinced I just need my own private range, need to buy some land.
Kenny,
Couldn’t agree with you more! Build your own range - then you are finished with this junk !!!! Safety is #1 !!

49fastback

Established Member
Feb 18, 2022
Pelham
exactly why i don't care for gun ranges in general and prefer my hunting camp - may not be as fancy, but - I don't have idiots that are unsafe to be around, or the know it alls that wanna come give their unsolicited advice

Stumpy

Established Member
Jun 26, 2020
Cropwell, AL
Sorry to hear this, I imagine you're infuriated and probably holding back some words. It sounds like they where trying to cause trouble. This is Lighthouse Tactical? I wanted to go never had a chance to tho.. I'm sorry man sounds crazy.
Oh no, Lighthorse is TOP NOTCH. They use Double Tap Training Grounds near Calera or travel. I drove the area today and am still BUM FUZZLED how some asshat was able to do that. Not accidental. Someone lobbed rounds into this building.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
Oh no, Lighthorse is TOP NOTCH. They use Double Tap Training Grounds near Calera or travel. I drove the area today and am still BUM FUZZLED how some asshat was able to do that. Not accidental. Someone lobbed rounds into this building.
Well I'm glad it wasn't Lighthorse, Still very unfortunate and crazy and I don't balm you for feeling that I would not be able to wrap my brain around that and I agree with @Frank Thompson gives a bad name to good gun owners I have friends and some family who now kinda look at me funny for my newish hobby and I imagine its due to things like this. sorry again.

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
I know people love to bitch and moan about "Fudd" ranges, but shit like this is why they are the way they are (and reinforces it). I really don't know what to do myself. I've stopped using any public ranges because of dumb shit I've seen. Even at my private range though, I've heard (what I hope are) ricochets going clean over my head into the trees. I start looking into the bays next to mine but I don't want to besmirch someone if I didn't see someone actually do something. I also don't want my range getting shut down.

Still though, intentionally lobbing rounds that far out into someone else's private/commercial property??? That's a special level of stupid.

coachwill

Established Member
Apr 8, 2021
Vestavia Hills
I thought you were talking about the place down in Rockford, AL that got shut down because of some people in the area filed a nuisance claim and a judge agreed and closed it down. At least that is what I have read and heard about.

Xero

Established Member
May 20, 2021
Auburn
I thought you were talking about the place down in Rockford, AL that got shut down because of some people in the area filed a nuisance claim and a judge agreed and closed it down. At least that is what I have read and heard about.
Wait. The place with a 1000 yard range got shut down??? It's basically in the middle of nowhere. Who's gonna file a noise complaint?