Armslist Alabama

Lee

Established Member
Jan 29, 2016
Birmingham
I've been very active on Armslist for almost 7 years now. However, probably not much longer. It seems to be dying a very slow death, at least in AL. I don't mind the charging bc I sell a lot. What I do mind are the scammers and flakes, people who act interested and then ghost you. I know there are still some secret groups on Fb, but I deleted Fb 2 years ago. I'll do what I can to promote this site. It seems like all we've got now...might as well make it work. :)

Griz375

Established Member
Feb 15, 2021
W TN, 38105
It was always hit or miss for me and as mos know, the scammers outnumbered the legit users bu a pile in the early days.

The Pay-to-use model was supposed to eliminate that - big fail.

Absolute lat resort for me....

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It’s like anything these days in that scammers are almost always present to some degree on any site. Plus people in general are crazy, unreliable, lack integrity and are terrible to deal with in the real world. There are sellers and buyers here that are also similarly difficult to deal with but then again there are many great folks also that I have been fortunate to encounter with several multiple times.

I continue to find some decent deals through armslist. Picked up a DDM4V7 pro last week from a nice seller down in Auburn (he was an Auburn police officer). So plenty of potentially good plays out there.

Of course just before that I had made a deal on a DDM4V7 LW with a seller in Huntsville and in that case the seller suddenly stopped responding and when he finally did he claimed he might just keep it. This guy even insisted previously we meet at some gun store in Madison to do a background check he would pay for which wasn’t great but I did agree to as it seemed to give him a sense of safety I guess. Of course he has relisted it twice on armslist since then. He made a mistake in not taking a pretty good offer especially with his Madison gun shop background check requirement, but he will find out eventually as the market always tells the truth.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It’s not great but I’ve bought a number of firearms there in the last year. The issue is there isn’t one great place to go to. I like the classified section here but just wish it was more active.

Griz375

Established Member
Feb 15, 2021
W TN, 38105
It’s not great but I’ve bought a number of firearms there in the last year. The issue is there isn’t one great place to go to. I like the classified section here but just wish it was more active.
I hear that but most members are probably pared back as far as they care to go. I know I am.

I'm spoiled - my wife announced she wanted a shotgun "or two" and has decided she needs to learn to reload.

Damn but what's a guy supposed to do in that situation?

I already got her a Mossberg 930 w/ a slug barrel and a 28" VR but she keeps asking "what's next?"

LoneStar

Established Member
Aug 3, 2023
Alabama
One of the primary reasons I am here because I was looking for a better option than Armslist.com after reading many negative reviews of that site from users. I rarely ever sell a gun, but when I do, I prefer face-to-face sales and I certainly do not want to pay a commission like Gunbroker.com requires, or a monthly access fee, like Armslist requires. It’s hard enough as it is to obtain a fair and decent offer on a firearm without 3rd Party grifters attempting to siphon away some of the proceeds of the sale.

LoneStar

Established Member
Aug 3, 2023
Alabama
They got sued a few times by gun control advocates and they said that's why they started charging. Probably a combination of lawsuits and wanting a little more dough out of the site, but I can understanding wanting more lawyer money given the wild stuff gun grabbers will sue over.
This is the modus operandi of the gun grabbing Left. Endless lawsuits which they terms as “Lawfare” (Waging war using the law.). Well, two can play at that game, as the GOA figured out long ago.

I’d like to see some sharp lawyers on our side start figuring out ways to sue the Gun Control groups with some creative lawyering. For example: The gun controllers are always working to push bills through state legislatures to create more and more ”gun free zones.” As we all know, criminals ignore these zones and treat them as “free fire zones” and “target rich environments.” They should be held liable for deaths incurred by innocent people killed by mass shooters who ignored their silly “gun free zones.” I think a good case could be made that such zones ATTRACT criminal shooters. Contributory negligence seems to apply here. Relatives of the deceased should be allowed to sue the gun control groups who pushed the bills into law. A few multi-million dollar judgments would go a long way towards bankrupting these jerks.

Old Dog

Premium Member
Sep 23, 2023
Alabama
Once was a useful tool, but now seems to only attract scammers or people who think you're desperate to sell your Springfield Ronin for $100.

RustyRooster

Established Member
Sep 16, 2023
Birmingham
I'm hoping this forum keeps growing in its usefulness for selling/trading as more people leave Armslist. It's great because it's free and has a great group of people. The downside is it's a forum, not a site designed for selling items, so it has a lot of old items up where the seller doesn't respond, making it hard to use.

Mississippi97

Established Member
Jan 5, 2021
Mobile/Baldwin County
I used armslist several times over the years to mostly sell and buy a couple. It was a great option between gun shows, which for years were held maybe 3 times a year where I was living at the time. Like many have said, once it got too popular the scammers, flakes, lawsuits and monthly fee made me decide to drop them. I went back to just checking out the few good tables at shows and the couple local small shops that don’t gouge and the classifieds here. Really since I got married 8 years ago I haven’t bought it sold much at all. Different set of priorities. Now I mostly reminisce about the good old days