Best local restaurant near you…..

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Just wondering what the local favorites are near where you live? I’ll start with Char Burger just down the road from me. Basically been there as long as I can remember. Outstanding burgers and southern style home cooked food. If you are in Guntersville area you have to try it.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas
I miss having a Chapps Burger around here. They grilled the onion and jalepenos, skin on rough cooked fries. Great buns also.

texkev

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 3, 2022
Texas

This one was great also. Different burger type, thinner, great. North Arlington, you would see a couple of celebs in there at times. Used to eat there often. The guy that owned passed away. He would take his employees to Vegas every year. Put chili cheese tator tots on the menu because I always ordered them custom.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Haven’t been to sylacauga in a while but I know where to go next time!

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
Pizza and Pint in Sylacauga. My wife and I are regulars there and try to go in at least once a month. And conveniently it’s a short walk from Fermenter’s Market, our favorite drinking hole.
We hit both of those on our way south or coming back north.

kentTHEkegger

Established Member
Nov 23, 2021
Bessemer, Alabama
I’m from Bessemer and I’d have to go with The Bright Star. It’s pretty contentious around here. Many love it and many don’t. I’m in the former camp. Their peanut butter pie is tops and their lobster/crabmeat au gratin is fantastic every time. Not a casual place though. Average $30 a plate!

bronicabill

Established Member
May 26, 2019
Madison, AL
In the Huntsville area, my wife and I love Phil Sandoval's Mexican restaurant above anything else... by a long shot! Phil uses his grandmother's recipes from back home in Mexico, and he doesn't cut corners doing it. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING that we have tried there is amazing... and the service is fantastic!

Phil is opening a new location in Madison as soon as the staffing requirements are met, plus another off-shoot cantina nearby under a name I cannot recall at the moment.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
In the Huntsville area, my wife and I love Phil Sandoval's Mexican restaurant above anything else... by a long shot! Phil uses his grandmother's recipes from back home in Mexico, and he doesn't cut corners doing it. Everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING that we have tried there is amazing... and the service is fantastic!

Phil is opening a new location in Madison as soon as the staffing requirements are met, plus another off-shoot cantina nearby under a name I cannot recall at the moment.
I will have to give Phil’s a try. We have liked Rosie’s on the south side of Huntsville the few times we have been there. Phil’s sounds better!

4CERTN

Established Member
Feb 2, 2016
Alabama
Gun-minded burger-lovers in the Vestavia Hills / Rocky Ridge area (due south of BHM proper) know that The Ridge Eat and Drink serves-up the best burgers in town. The rest of their menu is not too shabby either.

Founded by a local shooting-match competitor, the food at their sister restaurants Mudtown and SoHo Social is certainly good, too, but (IMO) The Ridge beats them all. Enjoy the gun-related photos and other paraphernalia while you’re there!

JT300

Smooth Brain in Alabama only local preferred
Jun 2, 2022
Calera AL
Gun-minded burger-lovers in the Vestavia Hills / Rocky Ridge area (due south of BHM proper) know that The Ridge Eat and Drink serves-up the best burgers in town. The rest of their menu is not too shabby either.

Founded by a local shooting-match competitor, the food at their sister restaurants Mudtown and SoHo Social is certainly good, too, but (IMO) The Ridge beats them all. Enjoy the gun-related photos and other paraphernalia while you’re there!
I havent eaten out in a while nothing good around me i was just up that way today i think i will try it next time i'm up that way

kmann

Established Member
Feb 6, 2022
Gardendale

Surprised I’ve never heard of this place. I’ll definitely keep it in mind going forward!

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Big Mikes in Andalusia for steaks
Half Shell in Troy for buffalo chicken fingers and fish tacos
Can also recommend Half Shell. There's also Mossy Grove (a.k.a The Schoolhouse), Julia's, and Sister's for classic Southern food. Preston's has the best steaks in town IMO. If you like Mexican food Monarca's, Rodeo, and Valencia's are all good.

SMOKEEATERFF

Established Member
Sep 18, 2022
Troy, AL
I heard Mossy Grove was closing down soon. I’ve only been there a few times and it was good. Just never think about it. Los Hermanos is good as well. Same folks that own the monarcas in Luverne opened it.