Best local restaurant near you…..

bronicabill

Established Member
May 26, 2019
Madison, AL
I will have to give Phil’s a try. We have liked Rosie’s on the south side of Huntsville the few times we have been there. Phil’s sounds better!
Interestingly, Phil Sandoval used to be the head chef at Rosie's main (on University Drive), but left and started his own place when Rosie's started messing around with recipes to reduce costs. He started his own place across the street and has stuck with his grandmother's recipes from then on.

FWIW, this is not hearsay, but came from his own mouth! He is there in person most of the time and often wanders around visiting the customers, and I asked him about this one time... and that's when I learned the truth!

FTG-05

Established Member
Apr 27, 2022
TN
Depends on what you're looking for:

- Fried Chicken: Shell Station, Ardmore AL/TN; Shady Lawn Truck Stop, exit 6 Elkton TN; Holt's Diner Winchester TN (best of the best); Champy's, Madison AL near Shelton Road on Hwy 20.

- BBQ: The Corner Pit, Bryson TN; Schaffer's Meats, Lawrenceburg TN (best brisket sandwich ever)

- Italian: Carleton's Italian, Cullman, AL

- Bakery: The Duchess Bakery, Cullman AL

- High End Rest: Tom Brown, Madison, AL

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I like the Duchess bakery in Cullman especially if the doughnuts are still warm

bronicabill

Established Member
May 26, 2019
Madison, AL
Depends on what you're looking for:

<<snip>>

- High End Rest: Tom Brown, Madison, AL
I live in Madison and don't think I've ever heard of it. However, the "high end" part lost me as I not only cannot afford such, but "high end" or "gourmet" have always been turn-offs; I'm an old-school country boy and life stuff simple but with old-school quality!

Roberts10

Established Member
Feb 13, 2023
Cherokee alabama
You know those Hardee's commercials on TV that show the big juicy burger with fresh leafy lettuce, the one you never get at a Hardee's,... the Hardee's in Iuka will fix you one that looks like that tv version and there pretty good. Fast food burger, yuck, I agree, but on this side of the world pickins is slim.

jeffalgol

Established Member
Jan 14, 2023
Bessemer
You know those Hardee's commercials on TV that show the big juicy burger with fresh leafy lettuce, the one you never get at a Hardee's,... the Hardee's in Iuka will fix you one that looks like that tv version and there pretty good. Fast food burger, yuck, I agree, but on this side of the world pickins is slim.
I don't see alot of Hardee's no more, I like there biscuits in the morning if I was around one.

Oz82

Established Member
Dec 26, 2021
Blount County
If you're within an hour drive of this place, it's worth it. Just go.

They ain't fancy but it's the absolute best burger I've ever had, and I've had plenty.