Hoover Gun Show

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
I’ll likely go as it is one of two shows I’ve been to in Alabama that are somewhat decent. Although compared to the gun shows at BJCC in the early 1990s they are pretty poor.

I actually found a decent deal on an uzi model B carbine at the last one so you never know.

kwb377

Established Member
Dec 16, 2019
B'ham
I gotta start looking at the dates on original posts...I made it 20 minutes from the house headed toward the Finley Center before I thought, "Wait a minnit... ". :)

Last edited:

Wooddux1

Established Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hueytown
If it is card only for admission, I'll never go again.
I know at the CASC show they started the card only deal. We heard about it Saturday morning. Alot of people walked away for that reason. There was talk of every vendor having to use a card reader for sales, but of course none of this was mentioned before we set up. Alot of vendors said they would pack up and just leave the big tables there.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
You mean only credit card sales and no cash sales? I’ve never heard of that.

I know they do that sometimes for the entrance fee but that was it.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
There were lots of people at the show today. Very busy show and lots of interesting things. Didn’t see anything of particular interest from a good deal standpoint. Did see a series A UZI the guy was asking $2500 for and I think it’s the same one the guy was trying to sell a year ago for $3k. Did see some cost reality on some firearms like the HK SP5 (see photo). I’ve seen some ads as low as $2700 so these have come down a lot from the absurd peak of $4k+ 18 months ago.

Also saw a CMMG Banshee MK4 in 5.7 for $1300, which is high but in the range. Would have been interested if it was 300 blk.

I don’t understand these ammo sellers with things like 300 black that I can buy all day with free shipping for $0.50/rd for 110/150 grain and $0.65 for subsonic from PSA. Didn’t see anything in this caliber under $1/rd which is crazy high right now.

IMG_5010.jpeg

Wooddux1

Established Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hueytown
Had a great show, did around 10k. Never left tables to look around. Sold several higher end steyr bolt actions and 2 AUG. and old winchesters. Ammo sold best though. 5 cases of 35 remington to one guy.

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
Was it mostly harder to find ammo like I would guess 35 Remington is? Just wondering about the more common ammo calibers that were outrageously high.

Wooddux1

Established Member
Dec 24, 2021
Hueytown
Not really, sold alot of 4570, CMP match ammo, and various rifle calibers. Having a good bit of hard to find ammo helps alot. 41 Mag, 44 Auto Mag, etc. I don't really look at others prices on ammo, because on most of what I have out is 15 to 50 a box cheaper than available online.

dc2010

Established Member
Apr 21, 2022
woodstock
Bought a stoeger condor there for a decent price today! Prices on ammo seemed to be down alot from last year! And gun prices were not too terribly bad either.