Poll: Expand to other states?

Should we change name and Expand to other states?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
Hey Guys,

Need your opinion.

Should I start to expand to other states like Flordia, Georgia, Tenn and Miss? I would change the name of the forum to include the area but just thinking about it.

1 vote per person, you can vote and give you opinion or just give the vote.

DB35114

Established Member
Oct 3, 2021
Alabaster
I understand I can use a FFL for state to state transfer and I am willing to drive a good distance in state for a firearm that is hard to find, not made or I really want. I do believe it will be more of a headache when looking for stuff( oh look a Glock 19 for$400, ahh never mind it’s in Macon Georgia).

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I understand I can use a FFL for state to state transfer and I am willing to drive a good distance in state for a firearm that is hard to find, not made or I really want. I do believe it will be more of a headache when looking for stuff( oh look a Glock 19 for$400, ahh never mind it’s in Macon Georgia).
That’s what I want to hear I just want to grow and I’m unsure on how to appeal to more people.

Dfalt

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Troy, AL
Georgia and Florida already have their own similar state forums, not sure about Mississippi or Tennessee. To echo @Joel6180 's concern I also think Alabama-centric discussion would get drowned out quickly if we include other states. I do like the idea of maybe reaching out to some of the other state forums and setting up some kind of regional network though.

The 10th Man

Established Member
Aug 13, 2021
Huntsville
Most states already have one that takes care of instate transfers. If you expand you’ll be competing with the likes of ar15 forum and snipers hide that already have large established memberships.

Fritz53

Veteran
Aug 15, 2021
Atmore
I second DB35114 I to am willing to travel in the great state of Alabama to make a transaction. I also agree with Joel6180 about how it would affect this forum. So my vote is no. On a side note someone from Florida can make a long gun purchase in Alabama but An Alabama resident can’t legally make a purchase in Florida. I live close to Florida so when I buy a long gun in Florida I have to wait 3 business days before I can get it.

closing

Keep most Sales within Alabama and on this Forum.
Mar 22, 2021
Montevallo Alabama
idk I think I may just partner with another buddy on his forum if he wants the help. He covers the SouthEast already.
I think Dan the Man has a good idea, I'll be honest I don't have any good advice. I think it would be very hard to regulate a forum across multiple states so I'm kinda on the fence because I would like more good people here as well.

DixieReb

Established Member
Jan 31, 2021
Andalusia AL
I say expand, and the reason I say this is because this forum is dead compared to another one I stay on and participate in , need to cross boundaries if you want to see better conversations, gun sales and trading and ammo deals. I’ll catch some flack here by saying all this but it’s the truth. I rarely even bother to check in here after joining another forum I found that’s busy busy busy with deals to be had. My inventory has gotten so full I’m going to need to build on to my house, no joke !

Tumbleweed

Established Member
Aug 5, 2021
Alabama
I say expand, and the reason I say this is because this forum is dead compared to another one I stay on and participate in , need to cross boundaries if you want to see better conversations, gun sales and trading and ammo deals. I’ll catch some flack here by saying all this but it’s the truth. I rarely even bother to check in here after joining another forum I found that’s busy busy busy with deals to be had. My inventory has gotten so full I’m going to need to build on to my house, no joke !
I think if the ones that post would be more realistic about pricing their items more things would sell.

jmack411

Established Member
Sep 19, 2021
Tanjus1911
Hey Guys,

Need your opinion.

Should I start to expand to other states like Flordia, Georgia, Tenn and Miss? I would change the name of the forum to include the area but just thinking about it.

1 vote per person, you can vote and give you opinion or just give the vote.
The Alabama Gun Form is for folks to share discuss and trade In Alabama. Not sure what it would turn into if other states get involved.

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
I guess I’ll keep it Alabama since DixieReb out the thought into my head there are some other forums that cross state lines but for Alabama this is the only one.

Gulf coast does a good job on the pan handle, you have southeast on the other side that dougiemac owns and runs and I’m part of.

You have the crap whole of an owner that runs the outdoor and one of the Oklahoma forums.

Then you have your general forums like the firing line and such you can also be apart of.