Anything other than 10mm is a compromise

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Modern hollow point ammunition really helps make up the deficit though.
Yeah, if you really want to believe that...They get paid big bucks to try and convince you that a 9mm can lethally perform with the larger calibers. The Truth is since agencies were forced to hire minorities (women) within their Ranks they become faced with new issues...You see someone of weak stature and Grip cannot properly hold a larger caliber handgun which in turn makes them Limp Wrist the Weapon causing the pistol to not engage Battery!!!! In other words creating a FTF situation which of course is unacceptable and most times Lethal...Now, because of this they have improved the 9mm round but not to the Standards of the Larger Proven Man Stoppers!!!!
I mean lets just lay it out there and tell it like it is...If the 9mm has such great stopping power than why don't you hear of any Professional Big Game Guides out there Carrying a G17,or G19 etc....Why, Because A Grizzly for example would eat those rounds and spit em back at you as he's eating you alive!!!!
Now, there are plenty of Pro Guides out there who sing the Praises of the 10mm against the Grizzly...Alot of em prefer to carry a G20 to other heavy magnums like a .454 Casul, 500 S&W etc. If one were to try and have the 9mm conversation with such True Professionals that are not forced into being Politically Correct I dare say they would laugh that person out of the room...Just Keeping it Real!!! Don't Believe the Political Correct Hype to cover up the deficiencies of the Limp Wristers that they were forced to hire!!!!!!

Last edited:

RandallC

Premium Member
Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham Al
9mm is easier to find and usually enough to stop a threat. If not quantity will soon anyways minimum 12 round capacity is my edc.

45 is the best round that is larger and well known.

Kompressor

Established Member
Mar 13, 2021
Greenville AL
9mm is easier to find and usually enough to stop a threat. If not quantity will soon anyways minimum 12 round capacity is my edc.

45 is the best round that is larger and well known.
I value my life more than "Eh it'll probably do ok"

Attachments

• 9mm.webm
    1.3 MB

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
Yall are not comparing apples to apples here. 1 guy brought up bears. Really? There have been battle field wounds that healed from much larger calibers than this post has to argue. Different situations call for different solutions. Life is not fair or predictable

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
One guy didn't bring up bears...I Did!!! and the Points are Right on Time and on the Mark...We're are Talking about Lethal Stopping Power Not the Good Lord choosing to heal large wounds on the Battlefield or otherwise or life being unpredictable...We're talking about there are those out there that will try to convince us that the 9mm round is more lethal than the larger proven manstoppers that we all know!!!
Yeah, if you really want to believe that...They get paid big bucks to try and convince you that a 9mm can lethally perform with the larger calibers. The Truth is since agencies were forced to hire minorities (women) within their Ranks they become faced with new issues...You see someone of weak stature and Grip cannot properly hold a larger caliber handgun which in turn makes them Limp Wrist the Weapon causing the pistol to not engage Battery!!!! In other words creating a FTF situation which of course is unacceptable and most times Lethal...Now, because of this they have improved the 9mm round but not to the Standards of the Larger Proven Man Stoppers!!!!
I mean lets just lay it out there and tell it like it is...If the 9mm has such great stopping power than why don't you hear of any Professional Big Game Guides out there Carrying a G17,or G19 etc....Why, Because A Grizzly for example would eat those rounds and spit em back at you as he's eating you alive!!!!
Now, there are plenty of Pro Guides out there who sing the Praises of the 10mm against the Grizzly...Alot of em prefer to carry a G20 to other heavy magnums like a .454 Casul, 500 S&W etc. If one were to try and have the 9mm conversation with such True Professionals that are not forced into being Politically Correct I dare say they would laugh that person out of the room...Just Keeping it Real!!! Don't Believe the Political Correct Hype to cover up the deficiencies of the Limp Wristers that they were forced to hire!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bamahound

Established Member
Mar 25, 2021
Deatsville, AL
Bear hunters should have bear guns. Never heard of a group of bears attacking anyone so capacity shouldnt be a problem. Look at todays treats and IMO you are more likely to have a group of attackers than 1 so capacity may save your life. When these "what's the best caliber" agreements get started there's a guy with a 9 looking to get a 45 and every other combination for no real reason other than he's now a believer because he read opinions. The 9mm is good for more situations than the big guns. The Armed Forces wouldnt have used 9mm for the last 35 years if the 45,10 or any other were better. They tested all of them and picked 9mm in 1985 and many times since then

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Be NOT Confused!!! Get the thought of Bear Hunters out of your head...The Professional Bear Guide is what you need to focus on...He could opt for any gun to stop a Grizzly...Most Choose The Glock 20 in 10mm...They would laugh you out of the room if you tried to make them believe that 9mm had the lethal knockdown of the 10mm!!!! Now, Read very slowly and Listen....You are preaching capacity and how the 9mm has been carried all these years in the Military....and they could have chosen anything....Those are your points...Right? Here We Go!!! Listen carefully, Now, as for your argument of capacity...Let me share some Knowledge...The Weapon that you are praising is the Beretta M9/92F 9mm with a capacity of 15 rnds. plus one in the pipe or 16 total....Correct...Yes, Facts!!! Now Read and Listen Closely...The Glock 20 10mm has a capacity of...are you ready?...(Remember the 10mm is the equivalent of the .357 Magnum)...15 rounds plus one or 16 rounds...BOOM!!! There goes your theory of capacity!!! Destroyed!!!! 16 rounds of 357 mag vs 16 rounds of 9mm...LOL!!!Let's get Real HERE!!!! Now as far as the military choosing that weapon over others including replacing the Great John Moses Browning 1911 45acp. Let us NOW Discover Why? Do you remember reading above in my original critique about a term called LIMP WRISTING? Did you read what that term meant and What condition it caused? Let us Refresh your Memory!!!!
We're talking about there are those out there that will try to convince us that the 9mm round is more lethal than the larger proven manstoppers that we all know! Yeah, if you really want to believe that...They get paid big bucks to try and convince you that a 9mm can lethally perform with the larger calibers. The Truth is since agencies were forced to hire minorities (women) within their Ranks they become faced with new issues...You see someone of weak stature and Grip cannot properly hold a larger caliber handgun which in turn makes them Limp Wrist the Weapon causing the pistol to not engage Battery!!!! In other words Creating a FTF(Failure To Fire) situation which of course is Deadly!!!!
So you see the Army was forced to take on new recruits just like the agencies above that were weak in stature and not able to maintain the Grip Strength necessary for the venerable 1911A1 .45 acp to function properly...FACT!!!ie: the women were limp wristing them!!!! Fact!!!!! So, what did they have to do...Find a weapon that even the weak can operate....Here comes the Beretta 9mm in all its glory...So what did that require...That required the Propaganda Machine to Run around the Clock Brainwashing and trying to convince everyone that the new found 9mm and its new round technology was superior!!!! Get out of Here!!! LOL!!! Ask any Warrior that's been there and done that which caliber They Choose in CQC...(close quarters combat)...Lets face it...The Truth is when the Physical Standards were Lowered and you didn't have to meet the long standing physical criteria to enlist they had to Waterdown everything across the board in order for the LIMP WRISTERS to Pass and Keep Up!!!!

Last edited:

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Yall are not comparing apples to apples here. 1 guy brought up bears. Really? There have been battle field wounds that healed from much larger calibers than this post has to argue. Different situations call for different solutions. Life is not fair or predictable
Be NOT Confused!!! Get the thought of Bear Hunters out of your head...The Professional Bear Guide is what you need to focus on...He could opt for any gun to stop a Grizzly...Most Choose The Glock 20 in 10mm...They would laugh you out of the room if you tried to make them believe that 9mm had the lethal knockdown of the 10mm!!!! Now, Read very slowly and Listen....You are preaching capacity and how the 9mm has been carried all these years in the Military....and they could have chosen anything....Those are your points...Right? Here We Go!!! Listen carefully, Now, as for your argument of capacity...Let me share some Knowledge...The Weapon that you are praising is the Beretta M9/92F 9mm with a capacity of 15 rnds. plus one in the pipe or 16 total....Correct...Yes, Facts!!! Now Read and Listen Closely...The Glock 20 10mm has a capacity of...are you ready?...(Remember the 10mm is the equivalent of the .357 Magnum)...15 rounds plus one or 16 rounds...BOOM!!! There goes your theory of capacity!!! Destroyed!!!! 16 rounds of 357 mag vs 16 rounds of 9mm...LOL!!!Let's get Real HERE!!!! Now as far as the military choosing that weapon over others including replacing the Great John Moses Browning 1911 45acp...Let us NOW discover Why???? Do you remember reading above in my original critique about a term called LIMP WRISTING? Did you read what that term meant and What condition it caused? Let us Refresh your memeory!!!!
We're talking about there are those out there that will try to convince us that the 9mm round is more lethal than the larger proven manstoppers that we all know! Yeah, if you really want to believe that...They get paid big bucks to try and convince you that a 9mm can lethally perform with the larger calibers. The Truth is since agencies were forced to hire minorities (women) within their Ranks they become faced with new issues...You see someone of weak stature and Grip cannot properly hold a larger caliber handgun which in turn makes them Limp Wrist the Weapon causing the pistol to not engage Battery!!!! In other words Creating a FTF(Failure To Fire) situation which of course is Deadly!!!!
So you see the Army was forced to take on new recruits just like the agencies above that were weak in stature and not able to maintain the Grip Strength necessary for the venerable 1911A1 .45 acp to function properly...FACT!!!ie: the women recruits were limp wristing them!!!! Fact!!!!! So, what did they have to do...Find a weapon that even the weak can operate....Here comes the Beretta 9mm in all its glory...So what did that require...That required the Propaganda Machine to Run around the Clock Brainwashing and trying to convince everyone that the new found 9mm and its new round technology was superior!!!! Get out of Here!!! LOL!!! Ask any Warrior that's been there and done that which caliber They Choose in CQC...(close quarters combat)...Lets face it...The Truth is when the Physical Standards were Lowered and you didn't have to meet the long standing physical criteria to enlist they had to Waterdown everything across the board in order for the LIMP WRISTERS to Pass and Keep Up!!!!

Last edited:

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
Hmmm....Someone is UNEASY!!! Obviously someone has gone Beyond Silly by refusing to stay in the context of the conversation!!! So I must educate them as to What is context?.... Now, Please, Read Slowly and Carefully as we proceed!!!! Let us begin by asking the Question What is the said title of the Thread? The ans. is: "Anything other than 10mm is a Compromise"...Correct, of course!!!! Now, in my Critique what is the Caliber that I am drawing reference to? The 10mm!!!!...Which one? The 10mm!!!! Right on Target!! Right on Context!!!! I emphasize the Knockdown and Penetration Power of the Round by drawing reference to what a Pro Grizzly Guide Chooses as his Backup Weapon...Right on Point as Proof of the Rounds Capability!!!! And Oh, as many of you know I edc a G20....So My Thoughts are not just Guess Work...They are Substantiated by Pros Everywhere as far away as Alaska!!!!! Now here you come in the discussion with a .308...LOL!!! Totally out of the Realm of Reality and what the tiltle and text is....Why? Because you wish to inject Chaos!!!! Cause Confusion!!!! Well of all the comments on the two pages YOU are the only one So Far Out that it is Hilarious!!!!!! So you have at it...We can all stay within the context of the Thread even when you are trying to distract!!! Do you realize that every single one of us has contributed in their own way intellectually to the thread by staying within the confines of an edc or hunting handgun caliber or calibers but you!!!! So NOW we give the floor to YOU to show us all our Errors!!!!!!!! While the Whole time you are Totally out of Context!!!!!!! So have at it!!!!!
P.S. If you Cant wrap your brain around Knock Down Power and Penetration and can't understand how that would relate to real world scenarios such as a 350lb drug fueled Criminal wanting to take the life of you or yours and your holding a 9mm vs a 10mm... or how about that psycho that has full body armor that you've encountered and there you stand with your 9?!!!!! I bet you'd rather have that G20 10mm (.357 Magmum) loaded with 16 rounds then!!!!!!! Now do you see the comparison of Pro Hunting Guides hunting Grizzlies choosing that G20 over your 9mm that you say we can't forget the advances in technology in? GET REAL!!!!!!! NO ONE in the KNOW is BUYING IT!!!!! So.... Please carry on and educate us on topic as you have attempted to do on the 9mm advances or just choose to Go OFF THE RAILS as you have on the .308!!!!!!!! HAVE AT IT!!!!!!! We're ALL EARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

sleepy4sureishere

Established Member
Nov 30, 2020
N. Alabama
If you want to be silly and bring bears into it, then the whole discussion changes and I am going with this

20 round mag loaded with 180 grain 308 soft points, smokes a 10mm for bear defense. Power and capacity.
Hmmm....Someone is UNEASY!!! Obviously someone has gone Beyond Silly by refusing to stay in the context of the conversation!!! So I must educate them as to What is Context?.... Now, Please, Read Slowly and Carefully as we proceed!!!! Let us Begin by asking the Question What is the said Title of the Thread? The answer is: "Anything other than 10mm is a Compromise"...Correct, of course!!!! Now, in my Critique What is the Caliber that I am drawing reference to? The 10mm!!!!...Which one? The 10mm!!!! Right on Target!! Right on Context!!!! I emphasize the Knockdown and Penetration Power of the Round!!! by drawing reference to what a Pro Grizzly Guide Chooses as his Backup Weapon...Right on Point as Proof of the Rounds Capability!!!! And Oh, as Many of you know I edc a G20....So My thoughts are Not just Guess Work...They are Substantiated by Pros Everywhere in the U.S. as far away as Alaska!!!!! Now here you come in the discussion with a .308...LOL!!! Totally out of the Realm of Reality and what the tiltle and text is....Why? Because you wish to inject Chaos!!!! Cause Confusion!!!! Well of all the comments on the two pages YOU are the Only One So Far Out that it is Hilarious!!!!!! So you have at it!!...We can all stay within the context of the Thread even when you are trying to distract!!! Do you realize that every single one of us has contributed in their own way Intellectually to the thread by staying within the context and confines of an edc or hunting handgun caliber or calibers but you!!!! So NOW We Give the Floor to YOU to show us all our Errors!!!!!!!! While the Whole time you are Totally out of Context!!!! So have at it!!!!!
P.S. If you cant wrap your brain around Knock Down Power and Penetration and can't understand how that would relate to real world scenarios such as a 350lb drug fueled Criminal wanting to take the life of you or yours and your holding a 9mm vs a 10mm... or how about that psycho that has full body armor that you've encountered and there you stand with your 9?!!!!! I bet you'd rather have that G20 10mm (.357 Magmum) loaded with 16 rounds then!!!!!!! Now do you see the comparison of Pro Hunting Guides hunting Grizzlies choosing that G20 over your 9mm that you say we can't forget the advances in technology in? GET REAL!!!!!!! NO ONE in the KNOW is BUYING IT!!!!!! So.... Please Carry On and Educate us on Topic as you have attempted to do on the 9mm advances or just choose to Go OFF THE RAILS as you have on the .308!!!!!!!! HAVE AT IT!!!!!!! We're ALL EARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: