What do y’all think of Armslist?

4l65e

Established Member
Apr 30, 2023
Alabama
I'll usually list a gun here and on Armslist...my success rate for sales is generally 5 to 1 in favor of AL versus here. And while I still get ridiculous lowball cash offers on AL, I don't get constant trade offers of chainsaws, blackpowder, john boats, jet-skis, or "an X-Box, and like...50 games" like I do here.

I can see that. This site is brand new compared to Armslist, they've been around for quite a while.

It will take time and advertising to build membership here. At the moment, most people don't have a clue about this forum.

Lesau

Established Member
Oct 11, 2018
Birmingham
I'll usually list a gun here and on Armslist...my success rate for sales is generally 5 to 1 in favor of AL versus here. And while I still get ridiculous lowball cash offers on AL, I don't get constant trade offers of chainsaws, blackpowder, john boats, jet-skis, or "an X-Box, and like...50 games" like I do here.
I’m with you on this. I recently listed 4 pistols on both sights. Got zero responses here, got several on armslist. Sold one on armslist. Would I rather sell them here? Of course, but I have to go where I will actually sell them.

Lesau

Established Member
Oct 11, 2018
Birmingham
I’m with you on this. I recently listed 4 pistols on both sights. Got zero responses here, got several on armslist. Sold one on armslist. Would I rather sell them here? Of course, but I have to go where I will actually sell them.
I actually have gotten 2 responses on here. Just to set the record straight.

RandyG357

Established Member
Nov 7, 2023
Pelham
I would do deals weekly on armslist. After they went to a paid subscription, it died.
I understand paying to sell, Craigslist did that with cars, but I’m not going to pay a monthly fee to buy.

Griz375

Established Member
Feb 15, 2021
W TN, 38105
I also left armslist when it went subscription. Wasn't aware of the other negatives until I came here.
Not sure there's enough time to list the good vs Bad but it's mostly bad.

Not sure they're not overly cooperative w/ LEAs - too many coinkidinks between Armslist & raids

Drcrimson

Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
Arab
It’s a good question of how best to sell guns. Certainly there is some impact on the traffic from where you list it. As someone who is a buyer, I’ve acquired a number from members on this site. I do occasionally find something on armslist, gunbroker and even rarely at gun shows or gun stores. One does have to be careful of scams especially online.

One issue a seller should consider is how you price your item. I don’t blame anyone for trying to get as much as they can, but if your listing is not getting any response it is highly likely your price is above market. This issue is likely worse right now as prices for most firearms have dropped since 2022 and in some cases dramatically. Thus it’s likely that many sellers today have not adjusted to the current market conditions.

A great example is the HK SP5. I know people that bought one north of $4k a few years ago. Now they are just above $2500 new. That’s a hard reality for a seller of a used one today.

Just something to consider as there are plenty of buyers on AGF.